Run game: striking differences between Riley and Langsdorf

Dansker

I appreciate those moments and loved every single one of them.

Now, it's time to move on.

I'm not saying we should linger on Pelini.

Then why are we?

Riley is our coach now.

You say one of your biggest fears is that he will get us back to 9-10 wins and then we will fire him. That comment strikes me as interesting.

So....are you personally hoping he never gets to 9-10 wins so that doesn't happen? OR, do you personally hope he gets to 9-10 wins, we keep him and he builds a program that can go above and beyond that?

If it is the latter, isn't getting behind him fully and supporting him fully the best way to prevent the former from happening?

Not to be trite, but learn from the past or be doomed to repeat it.

Let me ask you this question: Imagine NU compiles an identical record to Bo's last 6 years over the next 6 years, but Riley is on the sideline and super duper nice, as he's displayed himself to be:

Fire him or don't fire him at the end of that 6th year?

My first reaction would be no. But, we would need to look at how recruiting is going...etc to get a feel for the future. Probably no.

But, that isn't how Bo was. Bo was an ass and melted down in the heat of battle so bad he couldn't lead.

Sorry you couldn't see that but the rest of the world did. That's why we aren't the punch line nationally you think we are.

• Fire 1

Don't act like I was blind because I look at additional evidence. Lots of people disagree with his firing, including TO.

By the way, in which game did he have a sideline meltdown in 2014?

We've had this discussion. The Wisconsin game for one. Obviously he hasn't learned with what happened in his NDSU game this year.

Some people will disagree with every firing. That doesn't make us a "punch line".

Did you read the articles? Dirk, no fan of Bo, specifically said the wisky game wasn't about the Davie lecture.

And pereira is a fool. And a hack official. I put no credence in his opinions. Oh, and Nebraska won that game soundly, so bad example of Bo's leadership costing the team.

Sorry you couldn't see that but the rest of the world did. That's why we aren't the punch line nationally you think we are.

I guess Osborne couldn't see what the rest of the world did either, huh?

And yes, we got....and will still get.....plenty of negative national attention.

So basically any example anyone comes up with, you are going to discredit some hoe yo got your thought process.

Wisconsin game was more than just anything to do with Davie.

Shocking, isn't it!!!

He always does that. Asks for examples and then discredits them because they don't fit his agenda.

• Fire 1

So basically any example anyone comes up with, you are going to discredit some hoe yo got your thought process.

Shocking, isn't it!!!

He always does that. Asks for examples and then discredits them because they don't fit his agenda.

Invalid examples in a discussion aren't compelling.

Shocking, isn't it!!!

Invalid examples in a discussion aren't compelling.

Unfortunately, you have a very specific pattern of consistently bringing up Bo Pelini and going against people that don't support your agenda. News flash, not everyone sees things the way you do nor agrees with you.

• Fire 3

Bo is gone, he is not coming back, and doubtful he will ever get the opportunity he screwed up here.

He should never have been hired, was hired months before Tom Osborne had a word to say about it. But for some reason, no one remembers the months leading up to his hiring. It was reported on this board that he was coveted by a large booster and would be hired at the end of the season. When the large booster said we no longer needed him, he was gone.

Look at his departure, it happened the same way when he left the first time. He is not head coach material, and as to being a defensive genius, we can thank him for most of the worst losses Nebraska has ever experienced. At least 7 or 8 that are vastly more embarrassing than the Purdue game.

We have a new coach, one we know wants to be Nebraska's coach, not one hoping to move on to greener pastures from the day he got here.

Bo Pelini was not fired for wins or losses, missed division titles, missed conference titles or MNC. He was fired for being the raging ahole he was and the internal damage he was doing to the team, the history of this program.