just a thought?

The situation in the secondary had me thinkin the other day...what if we moved grixby out to a free safety( this way we get the tallest guys out there at corner, got tired of seeing him beat last year), put andre jones and zach bowman out at the corners, keeping the backers and line the same...maybe...just a shot in the dark...but just maybe putting somebody like a steve octavian or another hoss with speed back there at strong safety, i know tierre moved back there but just a thought about the safety situation...this way we keep that stable of jawbreakers at linebacker (brandenburg, McKeon and bradely or ruud..also don't forget about Steve Allen)... it sucks that we have almost too much depth that not all of those guys are getting looks. This defense is going to be lethal and hungary to prove themselves...i love the attitude and that fire that some of those guys have... :restore2:restore2:restore2

I have heard Octavien is up to 250 now...as solid as a rock that is. 250 pound safety, never been heard of. I don't like the idea of grix being a safety because of his height even though your saying make the change to help corner height. As small as he is, I don't think he would be very effective playing safety. He would not be able to lay the smack down on guys coming over the middle, and would not be a guy you want to make the last opportunity open field tackle on a guy that gets passed the linebackers. He wouldn't be a ballhawk IMO, based on his height he wouldn't be able to come up and pick off a pass in front of him...although he does have great leaping ability I understand...stick with what we are at now IMO... :thumbs scary thought of Octavien being a safety and pancaking guys coming over the middle...now thats dangerous...

eh ...good call with grix...but honestly...how amazing would octavian being a safety be?...if this guy is as fast as they say he is... c'mon...maybe give him a look at returning kicks maybe...can you imagine trying to open field tackle 250 o'muscle.. flying downfield at 4.5 a forty...WOWZERS...i think i just crapped my self trying to think ...but seriously...it could happen :blink:

eh ...good call with grix...but honestly...how amazing would octavian being a safety be?...if this guy is as fast as they say he is... c'mon...maybe give him a look at returning kicks maybe...can you imagine trying to open field tackle 250 o'muscle.. flying downfield at 4.5 a forty...WOWZERS...i think i just crapped my self trying to think ...but seriously...it could happen :blink:

well I actually remember Octavien returning kicks last year during spring practice just for "fun"...doubt it ever climbs into anything more than that...

Oct would be killer at Safety, but I actually like Green there. I absolutely hated him at corner but if you want a guy with some size to lay people out across the middle he's your man. I was watching him at a track meet this year and he looked huge, totally ripped, and fast as sh*t. Even though he was a horrible corner I think he'll be good at Safety.

I guess he also played a part in a tweaked hammy on Jackson too. Man I hope he continues this.

me too... starting 9/2/06.... dont get me wrong, i love his intensity.... but the injuring people is what he needs to quit doing til then.... our RB's need to get as much out of this spring practice as possible.

Anyways, the idea of octavien as a safety makes me cringe for those WR's jumping for the passes in the middle... but he is a bit too big i think, i would think it would be tougher for him to change direction for the little guys but i could be wrong. I just want him in the lb core so we dont need to worry about the ball making it to the secondary on the ground, or through the air (a 250 pound freight train moving at a 4.5 40 right into a QBs ribs. CRUNCH)