NU's social media game is strong

Watching football games on your ass is about as equally constructive as playing Pokémon Go, if not less so.

You are entirely correct, except for the getting mugged / run over / lost in a cave / fall off a cliff aspect which is smaller with watching the game. I watch ONE game each week since I bought the BTN for my mother so she could invite people over to watch the game. If she didn't ask, I wouldn't go.

In other news, 1,600 people DIDN'T show up within 30 minutes after the huge Columbus windstorm to clean up elderly people's yards and downed trees or a million other myriad things that could or should be done this week. It would be nice to see even SIXTEEN people show up for something constructive these days. TWO people showing up on a weekend would make a huge difference at the homeless shelter. Heck, we only got FORTY to show up to look for a real live person that was missing in Fremont a few years ago, so the disparities do bug me. I am glad so many of you don't seem to have that problem, and I hope you find all of your imaginary critters so you have something to look back on with pride later in life.

So, lack of volunteerism is something a person could complain about with regard to our society in general, I am sure. But not really sure how it pertains here or is a fair critique of a persons pastime? How many people went fishing over the weekend that could have done all of these same things instead?
  • Fire 1

Pokemon Go players have been starting movements to clean up trash around major cities as the play, and a lot of animal shelters are inviting them to come walk their dogs while they play the game and try to hatch eggs, as two low-hanging fruit examples of how your self righteousness is misguided.

That's thousands and thousands of people volunteering in their communities.

Next bullsh#t high horse panties in a twist complaint about other people having fun, please.

• Fire 1
Next bullsh#t high horse panties in a twist complaint about other people having fun, please.

It is what it is. I don't think this would sting so much if you yourself didn't find some truth in it.

I'm having this same spirited debate with my son (who doesn't do the Pokemon thing). He says the presence of Pokemon Go doesn't change people's ethos, it just puts it on display.

Myself, I think the number of dogs walked will equal the number of jay walks and litter picked up won't equal to the litter dropped, but I could be wrong. I'll be looking for the full litter bags and dogs on leashes, I'll let you know when I have my first sighting...

How many people went fishing over the weekend that could have done all of these same things instead?

Actually, I am a fisherman who doesn't get to go as much as I want. I keep thinking if I had some help getting the dumped tires up out of the ravine, I would have some more time and less throbbing in my knees to maybe get out and do some fishing for an hour or two. That's probably my real beef here...That, and this sort of thinking:

WTF.jpg

Anyhow, not really football related, so I am done.