WR William Cole

The new facilities won't even be ready until 2008...and they haven't even started to build yet so that may be an optimistic time period. Boone Pickens Stadium is a wreck. You probably saw it during that disgrace of a game here in Stillwater. There is a huge pit on the West side of the stadium. The jumbotron is on a crane. I don't understand the attraction. I go to school at OSU, and I live in Stillwater. It is not a very big city, but the night life is pretty good. I have really been impressed with Gundy and his staff. They have made huge strides in recruiting. I don't know how they sell it. Richetti Jones remarked something along the lines of not wanting to be another great player in a long line of great players, but wanting to build something new with a less storied program. Also, I agree that OSU is a team on the rise, but if you follow OSU like I have, you know deep in your heart that no matter how much money Boone Pickens pumps into this program they are destined to fail. Even if they surprise some people in the South, they will drop a game or two to North teams or lose Bedlam. It's just something I have come to expect. They also lost their Defensive Coordinator, Vance Bedford, and they plan on making a hire after the recruiting signing period is over. I expect the offense to be great, maybe the best in the conference. Reid and Robinson back at QB, Savage and several good backups at RB, Bowman, Devereaux, Parks, Price plus Dez Bryant, Damian Davis, and Hubert Anyiam coming in at WR, T Corey Hilliard and G Kurt Seifried graduate on the OL. Plus, look out for TE Brandon Pettigrew this year. He is big with soft hands, and the speed to run a little after the catch. They look really strong on Offense. On defense, the Cowboys lose their entire front. Both DE's Victor Degrate and Darnell Smith graduate, but Marque Fountain and Nathan Peterson both saw good minutes and highly touted, aforementioned, Richetti Jones is on the way. Larry Brown, Xavier Lawson-Kennedy, and Ryan McBean are all gone on the D line. They have four DT's coming in, Juco Tonga Tea should make an impact at 6' 315. All their LB's are back, plus Jared Glover and two Texas recruits. Martel Van Zant, Jacob Lacey, and Perrish Cox all saw time at CB and will return, plus Cole and Broyles. Donovan Woods and Andre Sexton return at FS and SS, respectively. Cox is downright scary. At times he is scary good, and at other times you can't stand to watch for fear of a fumble. K and P are back. Overall, they look poised to make some waves in the Big XII South. It will be exciting to see. Between the Hedges at Athens, GA is a tough place to start your season. October will be brutal with back-to-back road trips to College Station and Lincoln followed by Kansas State at Boone Pickens and then a trip down the road to Norman. Next, they open November hosting Texas. I would expect them to drop at least 3 out of the five toughest games on the schedule (@UGA, @A&M, @Neb, @OU, Texas), maybe even all 5. KState could also sneak up on them wedged in between four huge games. I hope for the best, but realistically I see another 7-8 win season in store for the Cowboys.