(Un)Official Big Ten Media Poll released

IMO, the west comes down to the last weekend, and divisional tiebreakers.

I'm with you. Black Friday and the following Saturday should provide plenty of relevance and entertainment.

Still, Nebraska has major questions on both lines and near complete secondary returning off a woeful prior season. These position groups need to should major strides coming out of the off-season and through the non-conference games before anyone should expect a birth to Indy. Husker Nation should leave the engine revving but left in neutral until after the Oregon game.

This is how I feel about our prospects for a decent season. We have a LOT of question marks about our linemenon both sides of the ball. Sure, we have several guys coming off redshirt seasons who might turn out to be good. Might. But we won't know what we've got until about October.

/ checks fridge for Kool-Aid to top off that half empty glass. :hmmph

IMO, the west comes down to the last weekend, and divisional tiebreakers.

I'm with you. Black Friday and the following Saturday should provide plenty of relevance and entertainment.

Still, Nebraska has major questions on both lines and near complete secondary returning off a woeful prior season. These position groups need to should major strides coming out of the off-season and through the non-conference games before anyone should expect a birth to Indy. Husker Nation should leave the engine revving but left in neutral until after the Oregon game.

This is how I feel about our prospects for a decent season. We have a LOT of question marks about our linemenon both sides of the ball. Sure, we have several guys coming off redshirt seasons who might turn out to be good. Might. But we won't know what we've got until about October.

/ checks fridge for Kool-Aid to top off that half empty glass. :hmmph

/Finds a bag of rotten tomatoes in Nuance's fridge. Wonders why Nuance keeps them there as they are already rotten? :dunno Squeezes a few into the half empty Kool-Aid container and shuts the door.

Nuance, looks like you have plenty of fresh Kool-Aid in the fridge. Feel free to chug it down as the season gets closer.

• Fire 1

My thoughts...which I am sure all of you have been dying to read.

Iowa: I expect them to play just like last season which is basically how they have played for 18 seasons. Some seasons it means a great year and other seasons it means a crappy year. If we are going to assume that the Huskers will have a reversal of luck this season perhaps Iowa will as well.

Minnesota: I think they are done. Losing Kill will kill them. They might hang on this year for 6 wins and maybe 7 but I think you will start to see them getting to bowl games 1 out of every 4 years now.

Northwestern: ColoradoHusker stole my thoughts, literally. He said exactly what I said to him the other day.

Purdue: We all know that they are loaded with "power 5" talent, more than any team in the west but something seems to be holding them down. I think they get one conference win this year.

Illinois: I can't see over 5 wins for them this season...unless they play Nebraska 6 times and Riley and Langs both have strokes during the games again.

Wisconsin: I think they will fight like crazy this year but will drop between 5-7 games. I feel like they might just be done as well.