When was the last time

drfish

that the Huskers were in the NC discussion, even as only "next in line" contenders and not front runners? (see ESPN article that I was too lazy to link to)

Wish they would be in that discussion in late November, but I don't think that has much chance of happening unless they learn to play 4 quarters like the 4th quarter.

• Fire 1

We all really need to just sit back and be happy for what we've done this year, especially after last year. There has been definite improvement. The mental toughness is way up and mental lapses are way down so far compared to last year. Whats great is we are for sure improved, but there definitely a lot more room for improvement.

The ceiling is no where close to having been reached yet for this team. Hopefully we can get closer and closer to it as we go on with the season and get close to it by the end.

Also, the young talent on this team now and the possibility of really increasing it even more in recruiting is something i dont think we've seen since the 90s. I really actually believe things are going to get very good around here within the next 2-3 years.

• Fire 1

I also think there was some chatter about it prior 2011 with the notion that Nebraska was coming into this perceived weak, big, and slow big 10 with all that Big 12 speed and gonna run ramshot on everyone, including a down Ohio St that was recently flipped upside down. We were right around top ten preseason I believe.

I take it this is the article you were referencing?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17693119/separating-college-football-playoff-contenders-pretenders

Just sayin', it took all of 10 seconds to find and post that. Unless you're in the dorms taking bong hits before your Geology 101 lecture, that's pretty epic laziness there. :)

• Fire 1