ESPN Rates B1G Receivers

Mavric

Who is the Big Ten’s most sure-handed receiver?

The bottom: Nebraska TE Cethan Carter (three drops)

He has three drops compared to just 10 catches on 18 targets. That’s a Big Ten-worst 16.7-percent drop rate, and he’s only being targeted 7.78 yards upfield. Carter has the third-worst drop rate in the Power 5.

Who is the Big Ten’s biggest deep threat?

Based on percentage: Nebraska WR Alonzo Moore (three catches of 20-plus yards)

Moore has only been targeted on deep balls four times this season, and he caught all but one of those. That’s pretty impressive, considering other players such as Michigan’s Amara Darboh and Wisconsin’s Jazz Peavy also have three such receptions – and they were targeted 11 times. Obviously, it helps to have Tommy Armstrong at quarterback. But give credit where it’s due after Moore came down with catches in the air of 42, 21 and 44 yards. His 75-percent catch rate is also much, much higher than the 31.1-percent Big Ten average.

Who’s the most effective receiver on third downs?

Based on percentage: Nebraska WR Stanley Morgan Jr. (seven third-down conversions)

Morgan was targeted nine times on third down. He caught seven of those -- no drops -- and made sure to get a first down on every reception. That’s a 77.8-percent conversion rate when he was targeted. Against Illinois, when Armstrong threw three yards short of the marker, Morgan even broke a tackle and stretched out for the first down.

ESPN

• Fire 1

Who is the Big Ten’s most sure-handed receiver?

The bottom: Nebraska TE Cethan Carter (three drops)

He has three drops compared to just 10 catches on 18 targets. That’s a Big Ten-worst 16.7-percent drop rate, and he’s only being targeted 7.78 yards upfield. Carter has the third-worst drop rate in the Power 5.

Who is the Big Ten’s biggest deep threat?

Based on percentage: Nebraska WR Alonzo Moore (three catches of 20-plus yards)

Moore has only been targeted on deep balls four times this season, and he caught all but one of those. That’s pretty impressive, considering other players such as Michigan’s Amara Darboh and Wisconsin’s Jazz Peavy also have three such receptions – and they were targeted 11 times. Obviously, it helps to have Tommy Armstrong at quarterback. But give credit where it’s due after Moore came down with catches in the air of 42, 21 and 44 yards. His 75-percent catch rate is also much, much higher than the 31.1-percent Big Ten average.

Who’s the most effective receiver on third downs?

Based on percentage: Nebraska WR Stanley Morgan Jr. (seven third-down conversions)

Morgan was targeted nine times on third down. He caught seven of those -- no drops -- and made sure to get a first down on every reception. That’s a 77.8-percent conversion rate when he was targeted. Against Illinois, when Armstrong threw three yards short of the marker, Morgan even broke a tackle and stretched out for the first down.

ESPN

That's awesome. I'm a little surprised at Carter. But...I love our WRs.

They list Austin Carr as the most sure handed receiver, but I'd put Westerkamp up against him any day. Just sayin..

As for Cethan, he does drop an occasional ball. But man, when he pulls one in you just know he'll get some yardage.

They list Austin Carr as the most sure handed receiver, but I'd put Westerkamp up against him any day. Just sayin..

As for Cethan, he does drop an occasional ball. But man, when he pulls one in you just know he'll get some yardage.

And don't forget one of Cethan's drops was from that big hit he took in the back. Would be hard pressed to find someone who comes down with that ball.

And don't forget one of Cethan's drops was from that big hit he took in the back. Would be hard pressed to find someone who comes down with that ball.

Depends on what the consider a drop. In the NFL, I think they only count drops as passes you really *should* have caught that didn't have any outside factors. If the DB knocks it away or you get hit as the ball gets there, I don't think it counts as a drop. I would think it would be the same here.