Ron Prince

Did you hear that Ron Prince during KSU's spring game will be in the broadcast booth and will be the color analyst? Huh? This is his first time as a head coach, and he is not going to be on the field with hands-on contact with the players? If he was there for five years and had established the program, perhaps he could do something like this, but good grief, this is his first attempt to changing KSU's system. I wouldn't be very happy if B.C. did something like this two years ago. I mean no disrespect to KSU -- I'm not here to flame them -- but this is not the way to start a new system.

Yea I heard that to. It's retarded if you ask me. Sure, the spring game isn't a huge deal with regard to development of the team as a whole. It's just another practice, but you would think that the head coach would want to be down there.

Most KSU fans, at least on that board, are OK with it. That's fine if they don't mind. I personally don't agree it's a good idea. Prince needs to be down there talking to his players and assistants. He's breaking in a new program and needs to get a better feel for it. But that's KSU, not NU. So it's not that big of a deal here. I just thought it might be an interesting topic since it's so unusual. I wish Prince the best.

I don't think it's that big a deal. There are positive and negatives to all of it. He does get to really introduce himself to the fans and that will help with one of the most important jobs of a head coach = fundraising. He's going to be talking to all his fans. He'll get a birdseye view of all the action. There's good and bad. :restore2