***Official 2016-2017 College Basketball Thread***

GSG

Josh Jackson's attorney, seeking no charges, allegedly offered to pay family

An attorney for Kansas freshman Josh Jackson tried to pay the family of a Jayhawks women's basketball player so she wouldn't press charges stemming from a December incident in which he allegedly damaged the woman's car, according to her father.

Tim Calvert, the father of Kansas sophomore McKenzie Calvert, told The Kansas City Star that Jackson's lawyer told the family "money is no object, within reason" if they would let the altercation go.

"They wanted to pay to make it all go away," Tim Calvert told the newspaper. "But it wouldn't have gone away for my daughter. It would have been great for Josh, but not for McKenzie. ... This was never about money for me. It was about how my daughter was treated."

Please Leak The NCAA Tournament Bracket

On Sunday, the NCAA and CBS plan to inflict 90 minutes of advertisements and Charles Barkley on you, just so they can infrequently read aloud the names of some colleges. While you might be interested in the basketball games that result, you definitely don’t want to suffer the whole bloated spectacle. All it takes is one enterprising soul to deflate it. Just leak the bracket. Give it!

• 2 weeks later...