Blowouts

Magnus

Furthermore, you CAN be a Husker and not be in Nebraska at the moment. I would be Husker in VA. Exclusionary BS can hit the door.

completely agree. just would lead one to believe that you are a current student at Nebraska.

Geez, you'd might as well ask to see the guy's long form birth certificate the way you're doing things.

Furthermore, you CAN be a Husker and not be in Nebraska at the moment. I would be Husker in VA. Exclusionary BS can hit the door.

completely agree. just would lead one to believe that you are a current student at Nebraska.

ok well first of all, to your urban meyer jim harbaugh comment, I completely believe 99% of the college football world would agree with you. I'm definitely in the minority there. And I didn't mean to come off as "Mike Riley is my spirit animal," I just meant that Nebraska means a lot to me and it's cool to see a guy genuinely appreciate it as he experiences it after we had a coach who seemed to be more indifferent towards it and act like we were more enemies of the players than supporters. That's all I meant. Didn't mean to be over the top, just meant I like him as a person and think it's a good thing to have.

As for the student thing, I'm literally at the school right now haha I don't get on message boards to pretend to be someone else. It's completely irrelevant to this entire thread but I'm a sophomore from Los Angeles.

Geez, you'd might as well ask to see the guy's long form birth certificate the way you're doing things.

nah i couldn't care less. but when he goes on a 500 word rant about how a current student has a better understanding of things than other fans, i can point out that his own login seems to indicate he is not a current student.

Wow, okay, then I'm sorry. I didn't mean to come off as self-righteous and I definitely didn't try to indicate I had a better understanding of anything. Most everybody has more history with the program than I do. I never lived through those amazing years, so I didn't ever intend to come off that way. I know I have a very limited perspective.

My fault. Just meant to give my two cents as someone here now, didn't mean to come off as arrogant or ignorant.

This is a sports message board. It's a place for people to BS about something they find entertaining. It's not that serious. If you say you're a 7'3" hermaphroditic Bollywood movie star I might have some doubts but if you say you're an NU student then I'll take your word for it.

This is a sports message board. It's a place for people to BS about something they find entertaining. It's not that serious. If you say you're a 7'3" hermaphroditic Bollywood movie star I might have some doubts but if you say you're an NU student then I'll take your word for it.

Both.

Your move.

Pics or GTFO.

Wait...nah I'm good. :)

Both.

Your move.

Pics or GTFO.

Hahaha. For real though, we're gonna be good and finish strong. GBR!!

Both.

Your move.

Pics or GTFO.

Good, if you don't destroy Minnesota and Iowa I'll be pissed.

Both.

Your move.

Pics or GTFO.

Good, if you don't destroy Minnesota and Iowa I'll be pissed.

Well I don't play for the team haha I just meant I have faith. And the only reason I said I brought up the fact that I was a student was because everyone here has had so much fun on the ride so far, going out after all these wins and believing in the team that it seems like a waste to get super upset about the past. Last year was miserable every saturday and this year so many of us are enjoying a huge improvement and feeling like we're getting way closer, one big loss to a great team doesn't shut the whole school down. We're getting better and closer to where we want to be.

Obviously I'm not some student ambassador but you get what I'm saying.

I like Riley but anyone taking him over Harbaugh or Meyer is being silly. For one thing those guys go out and hire the best ACs they can find. They lost their DCs to HC jobs. Harbaugh hires the best DC in the country in Don Brown and Meyer hires Greg Schiano.

Riley lets Bruce Read collect half a million to coordinate a mediocre special teams unit and doesn't recruit. Meyer and Harbaugh don't have that type of complacency in them to let that occur.

I like Riley but anyone taking him over Harbaugh or Meyer is being silly. For one thing those guys go out and hire the best ACs they can find. They lost their DCs to HC jobs. Harbaugh hires the best DC in the country in Don Brown and Meyer hires Greg Schiano.

Riley lets Bruce Read collect half a million to coordinate a mediocre special teams unit and doesn't recruit. Meyer and Harbaugh don't have that type of complacency in them to let that occur.

Totally agree with the coordinators. And totally agree that the majority agrees with you and not me, and also agree that our special teams unit is awful and Bruce has completely underperformed or is just in over his head. Pierson-El was so electric two years ago, its insane that we can't cover a punt well enough for him to even get a step. Plus, Bryant got stopped inside the 15 virtually every time tonight, which is incredibly frustrating. It's inexcusable. And I think loyalty is a huge problem for Riley, which so many other posters have pointed out.

All I'm saying, and I'm aware this probably isn't the best forum for this, but all I'm saying is that Nebraska is known for being one of if not the classiest program in the country. Incredible fans and people. And I feel like Riley represents that. I personally would feel a bit uncomfortable rooting for somebody like Meyer if he were coaching our squad with his history at Florida, or someone who ran a program that was constantly in the news for scandals or sexual assaults or some other crime-related issue. I don't think Urban or Harbaugh are bad people, and I don't this loss is excusable at all, and I don't think our coordinators are performing the way they should, and I don't think we are where we need to be. And I don't think Riley's perfect and I don't think he's the best coach in the world. But I think what he's navigated through with this team after coming off of a 5-7 season where, before, players like Tommy and Nate and other leaders tweeted about how firing Bo was the biggest mistake the school ever made, and then leading over a hundred guys through the death of a teammate, and choosing to bring people like Brenda Tracy to Nebraska to educate the team, and really embracing the culture, I just think that's a hell of a lot for a head coach like him to do.

And then being 7-2 and almost beating a really good Wisconsin team on the road in OT and getting a top 10 ranking and then getting blown out at #6 Ohio State, I just don't think it's that much to hang our heads about. And I'm probably some dumb sensitive millennial haha but it just seems he represents us well and better than most other coaches would in this same scenario. Just thinking out loud

• Fire 1

Totally agree. But don't you think where we are right now compared to last year and considering everything the program has been through including players recruited for different schemes is a huge step forward? I'm just wondering how much we should expect to improve. And I'm not trying to play devil's advocate I'm genuinely asking. From 5-7 and the horrific scene last year where nobody was on board until late, what's a good turnaround? I totally get 62-3 is not it. These guys are paid millions to figure this stuff out. But what is the threshold for us to mark this as a giant leap forward, even with an ugly blip? Cause I'm thinking 5-7 to 10-2 with a great bowl win or a conference championship appearance would be a MASSIVE stride and something to be super hyped about because we're getting closer. What do you think is that mark that says "okay, we're really working towards what we want to be?"

59 Points?

You don't lose by 59 points at Nebraska.

NEBRASKA DOESN'T LOSE BY 59 f'ing POINTS.

Yes, we have a lot of things working against us - esepcially on the injury front (Glad TA made it back tonight).

Yes, we have a lot of hope for the future. This staff is doing really fun things on the recruiting front, and that's exciting to watch.

YOU DON'T COME TO NEBRASKA, AND THEN LOSE BY 59 f'ing POINTS.

Northwestern didn't get embarassed.

Wisconsin didn't get embarassed.

But we did.

My fear here is that Mike is too nice of a guy to really take a critical look at his staff, and really understand what it takes to be a championship-caliber team. Whether or not that's a standard that's a few seasons off or 10, that is the standard here - and we need to always show that we're progressing towards that.

Read needs to be gone, he's a disgrace and a waste of half a million dollars.

Bankers needs to get his ass kicked out the door - YOU DON'T GIVE UP 62 f'ing POINTS AT NEBRASKA>

And if the defense wears 'black shirts' out to practice this week, than they're pooping all over a proud tradition that is older than they are.

/rant over.

• Fire 1