Blowouts

Magnus

Good God. I literally go to the damn school and nobody acts this erratic after a loss. We lost to a better team without our starting QB with walk-ons all over the field. This isn't 1995 anymore. Everybody plays on TV, everybody has strength coaches, everybody has facilities. Has the first half of this season not been the most fun in a long time? We got lit up by ohio state, who is in the national title hunt ever year and beat Alabama with a THIRD STRING QB two years ago. And we had a new coach last year with a new scheme in a completely foreign place with players recruited for a different purpose who goes 5-7 and then next year is 7-2 with a close loss at Wisconsin and a bad loss to OSU under the lights on their home field and people want him ostracized?

Why can't people just settle the hell down? If anybody watched that game and saw Tommy Armstrong not moving or speaking for a half hour and listened to Sam Ponder choke back tears on national TV, and then proceeded to criticize play calling five minutes later, you're a monster. It's a football game. We were a TOP TEN TEAM before tonight, and we still have a shot at conference championships and people literally cannot sleep because you think the coaching is that bad? We were unranked at the beginning of the year and took care of business and lost to two great teams.

I'd take Mike Riley over Jim Harbaugh or Urban Meyer any day of the week. And if that meant I go 10-2 or 9-3 every year while they win national championships, so be it. I'm a student here, I love it here, I care more about UNL than anything else in my life. And I;m proud of these players that fight like hell and seem like stand up guys (everyone I've met, anyway) who are proud to wear the N.

Who play for a coach who knows what this is, a football game. Who guides his players through the death of a teammate and best friend. Who brings a sexual assault victim who HE PREVIOUSLY MISTREATED with regard to her case, admitted his wrongdoing, and tried to show his team the mistakes that were made to educate them. Who speaks in awe at press conferences over what he's experiencing for the first time at Nebraska with their incredible fans and who does whatever he can to honor their tradition. Who is looked up to by other coaches and who shows students like me how we should act.

If you want to go back to being 9-3 with a coach who mocks halftime reporters, berates refs, and dares his bosses to fire him, good for you. But Riley is a representative of kids like me who walk through campus proud to be here and who love Nebraska and embrace it, rather than donning some us vs. them mentality. A blowout at #6 Ohio State and too many missed tackles doesn't change that.

agree to disagree.

and I am supposed to believe you are a current student when your name is "huskerinLA"?

I'm a current student and my name is GBRHouston.

We expect nothing less of this team year by year than national relevance. That includes me. We are not like Purdue or Illinois who would be thrilled to even go to a bowl game. However, I do agree what we need to chin up and worry about the next game after a loss like this.

I'd take Mike Riley over Jim Harbaugh or Urban Meyer any day of the week.

Ohio State fan:

11/2006 "I'd take Jim Tressel over Urban Meyer any day of the week.....Michigan sucks."

1/2007 "I hate Urban Meyer. He is such a dirty coach.....The SEC and Michigan sucks."

1/2008 "Not this again. I hate the SEC and Michigan sucks."

2008-2010 "I hate the SEC and LOL at Michigan."

2010 "We still love you Tressel. I hate ESPN, SI, and the SEC. Michigan still sucks."

2011 "This season is a waste. Did you hear that Urban Meyer was interested in the job? He is an Ohio guy through and through. We Love Urban Meyer! Michigan still sucks."

2012 "Urban! Urban! Urban! We would have beat ND for the NC if we were allowed to play. Michigan sucks"

2013 "These guys are going to be good next year. Michigan sucks."

2014 "Oh crap!.....Who is JT Barrett?...CRAP!....This JT guy isn't too bad....JT! JT! JT!.....CRAP!!!!....Jones throws a nice deep ball....ZEEEKKKKKEEEEE!!!!!!. Urban!! Urban!!! Urban!!!! Michigan SUCKS!"

I guess opinions can change over time.

• Fire 2

Armstrong, for example, is better than Barnett.

Who's Barnett?

What stats or film or results do you have to base this OPINION off of that Tommy is better than JT Barrett?

Well, it would be really interesting to see Tommy's capabilities behind the Oline of Ohio St. Or Barrett behind ours. It's not an insane statement. I can be debated. I've always said, give jamal Lord the oline and defenses that Crouch, Frost, and Frazier had, and he's winnin a heisman.

that's the great thing about football. "greatest team sport" is not a myth. much less individualization than any other sport. Success of any one guy is exponentially more dependent on performance of others than any other sport.

59 Points?

You don't lose by 59 points at Nebraska.

NEBRASKA DOESN'T LOSE BY 59 f'ing POINTS.

Yes, we have a lot of things working against us - esepcially on the injury front (Glad TA made it back tonight).

Yes, we have a lot of hope for the future. This staff is doing really fun things on the recruiting front, and that's exciting to watch.

YOU DON'T COME TO NEBRASKA, AND THEN LOSE BY 59 f'ing POINTS.

Northwestern didn't get embarassed.

Wisconsin didn't get embarassed.

But we did.

My fear here is that Mike is too nice of a guy to really take a critical look at his staff, and really understand what it takes to be a championship-caliber team. Whether or not that's a standard that's a few seasons off or 10, that is the standard here - and we need to always show that we're progressing towards that.

Read needs to be gone, he's a disgrace and a waste of half a million dollars.

Bankers needs to get his ass kicked out the door - YOU DON'T GIVE UP 62 f'ing POINTS AT NEBRASKA>

And if the defense wears 'black shirts' out to practice this week, than they're pooping all over a proud tradition that is older than they are.

/rant over.

yep

59 Points?

Yes, we have a lot of things working against us - esepcially on the injury front (Glad TA made it back tonight).

Yes, we have a lot of hope for the future. This staff is doing really fun things on the recruiting front, and that's exciting to watch.

But we did.

My fear here is that Mike is too nice of a guy to really take a critical look at his staff, and really understand what it takes to be a championship-caliber team. Whether or not that's a standard that's a few seasons off or 10, that is the standard here - and we need to always show that we're progressing towards that.

Bankers needs to get his ass kicked out the door - YOU DON'T GIVE UP 62 f'ing POINTS AT NEBRASKA>

And if the defense wears 'black shirts' out to practice this week, than they're pooping all over a proud tradition that is older than they are.

/rant over.

yep

it was 48. and Bama's best defense in the land gave up 43 to a worse Ole miss team.

so if we're gonna create narratives and assumptions based on one game, who wants to put forth a legit arguement against me? Who wants to give it a shot? At this point, I will defend Banker. Read? LOL. yeah. That needs adressed. it hink it will too. I can sense Riley's frustration with special teams whenever it is brought up.

59 Points?

But we did.

/rant over.

Unless you've donated serious booster money to the program, it's kind of ridiculous to be upset.

But that's just my opinion.

And if you are a serious booster, you probably have better mediums to voice your concerns than a fan forum.

Nebraska might have a MILD case ClevelandBrownsitis which means the leadership doesn't know what the hell they want so they react to the newest thing that might work. scUM did this too with the hiring of Rich Rodriguez because the spread was in. It caused an identity crisis and they are back to looking like they did in 1994.

I think the Browns have switched back and forth from 3-4 defense to a 4-3 defense with the 6,000 different coaches they've had since 1999. Obviously, they can't draft consistently if they don't know what they are going to do and it just becomes a downward spiral of horrible decision after horrible decision.

Why doesn't Nebraska following the Wisconsin footprint of power running and add speed to the skill position? Isn't that what Nebraska football was all about before Callahan?

Nebraska might have a MILD case ClevelandBrownsitis which means the leadership doesn't know what the hell they want so they react to the newest thing that might work. scUM did this too with the hiring of Rich Rodriguez because the spread was in. It caused an identity crisis and they are back to looking like they did in 1994.

I think the Browns have switched back and forth from 3-4 defense to a 4-3 defense with the 6,000 different coaches they've had since 1999. Obviously, they can't draft consistently if they don't know what they are going to do and it just becomes a downward spiral of horrible decision after horrible decision.

Why doesn't Nebraska following the Wisconsin footprint of power running and add speed to the skill position? Isn't that what Nebraska football was all about before Callahan?

Well i think that's what we're trying to do. These. Just cuz these guys are 11 pers guys but wanna put the qb under center and will run the ball at will if we're capable doesnt mean we cant be that again. Folks forget that Osborne was using "spread" ideals before we even knew what this whole spread nonsense was. You dont have to line up wing T or power I with 2 TE's to be a power running team. But you do have to be very decisive in what you wanna do and have the personnel to match the style. I dont think the last staff did a very good job of either. The jury is out on this one until their personnel does match what I see what they wanna do.

• Fire 1

59 Points?

But we did.

/rant over.

yep

it was 48. and Bama's best defense in the land gave up 43 to a worse Ole miss team.

Wasn't the final score 62-3?

59 Points?

But we did.

/rant over.

yep

Wasn't the final score 62-3?

2 pick sixes.

• Fire 1