Lets stay after it as fans

Im feeling as down as all of you after these last two weeks and feel very frustrated as well but I'm going to take a different approach and choose to continue to be excited about Nebraska football. There are two over-arching ideas that we as fans have allowed to rob the joy that we've always had in Nebraska football. The first in my opinion is our mental toughness as FANS and the second is comparing ourselves.

Winning a Conference title and National title is hard. Nebraska competes at the highest level in college football against programs, who like us, have some of the best coaches and players in the country. It's going to be hard but we wouldn't want it any other way. The program and us fans have earned the right to compete at this level because of our commitment, loyalty and decades of winning so I think we sometimes need to relish the challenges that comes along with trying to be the best college football program in the country. It's not easy and never will be.

The other thing I believe us fans should avoid is the comparison game. Michigan is rolling, Urban isn't going away and Saban is a legend. Washington is having a great year and there are many other examples but at the end of the day we have it pretty freaking good here at Nebraska as well. We all have built up frustration and disappointment inside us right now but I think the strongest emotion we need to feel is the eagerness to stay after it and control what we can as fans which is being loyal and continue to stay excited and cheer hard. The fans are what has helped grow the program so I think we need to keep making the decision to do our part even when we feel we are inferior at the given moment. We can help Nebraska football keep rolling so enjoy the mystery and challenge of college football.

I'm not sure what the answer it and I would love to have it like mich, bama and osu right now but currently we aren't on that level but it doesn't mean we can't be comfortable in our own skin

Mike Riley has made us proud off the field again and is working on doing it on the field. Not one fan base has been as loyal and committed as our so lets keep that going by staying excited and staying after it. Its not easy but its not over either and never will be at Nebraska. GBR!

• Fire 2

I agree, and I have been trying to spread the same positivity here. Now is not the time to get all negative and "the Earth is falling out of orbit" about the football program. Now is one of the biggest times us fans are needed. I will be as loud at the last two home games as I would have been if we were 9-0. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

"Day by day,

We get better and better

Till we can't be beat

WON'T BE BEAT"

I am on board 100%. There are plenty of reasons to have hope.

Really to me our future success will rely on the recruiting and playing of the O-Line. Saturday night we basically played with half walk ons and half 3-star recruits. Ohio state had four 4-stars on the other side of the ball.

We've got some real studs in the 2015/2016/2017 recruiting classes. I think we'll buck the trend of losing players as we did a few years ago. I'm hopeful that development will take place and get this thing put together

• Fire 1

Im feeling as down as all of you after these last two weeks and feel very frustrated as well but I'm going to take a different approach and choose to continue to be excited about Nebraska football. There are two over-arching ideas that we as fans have allowed to rob the joy that we've always had in Nebraska football. The first in my opinion is our mental toughness as FANS and the second is comparing ourselves.

Winning a Conference title and National title is hard. Nebraska competes at the highest level in college football against programs, who like us, have some of the best coaches and players in the country. It's going to be hard but we wouldn't want it any other way. The program and us fans have earned the right to compete at this level because of our commitment, loyalty and decades of winning so I think we sometimes need to relish the challenges that comes along with trying to be the best college football program in the country. It's not easy and never will be.

The other thing I believe us fans should avoid is the comparison game. Michigan is rolling, Urban isn't going away and Saban is a legend. Washington is having a great year and there are many other examples but at the end of the day we have it pretty freaking good here at Nebraska as well. We all have built up frustration and disappointment inside us right now but I think the strongest emotion we need to feel is the eagerness to stay after it and control what we can as fans which is being loyal and continue to stay excited and cheer hard. The fans are what has helped grow the program so I think we need to keep making the decision to do our part even when we feel we are inferior at the given moment. We can help Nebraska football keep rolling so enjoy the mystery and challenge of college football.

I'm not sure what the answer it and I would love to have it like mich, bama and osu right now but currently we aren't on that level but it doesn't mean we can't be comfortable in our own skin

Mike Riley has made us proud off the field again and is working on doing it on the field. Not one fan base has been as loyal and committed as our so lets keep that going by staying excited and staying after it. Its not easy but its not over either and never will be at Nebraska. GBR!

lover of participation ribbon^

Why yes. Of course. Wanting to be positive in a negative situation is being a "lover of a participation ribbon." /s. This board has been 90% negativity, and huskerhead59 is right.We still have more than a quarter of the season left, we need to focus on that now and worry about taking care of stuff that cannot be fixed now in the offseason.

either the fabled entitled husker fan...or a troll. contemptible either way.

This is why we are where we are!

This is why we are where we are!

yep. we lose a game and all the fans want to fire our coaches...again...and again....and again....and again. can we speed up the process and be paying 4 former coaches all at the same time?

member when Florida St lost to Louiseville by 60?

Ooooo I member

This is actually a good point. We are not the first good team to get punished by a better team this year. They lost by 43, but take away garbage time points and they lost by 53. There is no denying that Florida State still has a good football program. They just showed up sloppy and unprepared, much like we did.