SD blind ballots

Yes. For primary elections. The two voter getters move on.

People like Hillary and Trump would still have their party affiliations.

I love the idea and will be voting in favor. My favorite anti post was "this is a trick to get us Republicans to vote for liberals". God forbid you research the candidates and don't just check a name because it has an R or D by the name.

• Fire 2

Speaking of South Dakota.

This is an interesting issue you get to vote on. This quote is from the 538 blog .

Earlier today I wrote about the four states where voters will decide whether to raise their minimum wages. Voters in South Dakota get to decide whether to lower the minimum wage for some workers.

The initiative is what’s known as a “veto referendum.” Last year, South Dakota’s Legislature voted to let employers pay workers under age 18 $7.50 an hour instead of the state minimum wage, which is now $8.55. But opponents of the law managed to collect enough signatures to put the issue directly to voters — the ballot initiative, if it passes, would block the law from taking effect.

Supporters of the lower youth minimum wage argue that it helps young people get a foot in the door — companies might be reluctant to hire teenagers if they have to pay them as much as a more experienced adult. But opponents of the law — and thus supporters of the referendum — argue there is no need to make exceptions to the minimum wage at a time when unemployment in South Dakota is under 3 percent.