Iowa Game Time a Six Day TV Pick

Mavric

From Lincoln with 2 modestly quick stops for drinks and getting gas at one of them it is about 4:45 from Lincoln. Best places to stop with a gas station with easy access and decent food: Exit 40 (Taco Johns and Maid Rite in the gas station), exit 72, exit 93 (BK, McD and Subway next to Casey's), DO NOT stop anywhere in Des Moines but the first exit past Adventureland which I think is 143 has a Casey's with well stocked pizza usually, Newton has a Culvers and then when you get close to Iowa City you have exit 220 and I think 230 that both have good stuff although 220 is usually busy since the Outlet Mall is there.

Exit 239 onto 380 South then off at Melrose gets you the closest to the stadium with public parking but you will be right in the thick of traffic and pay for it. Exit 240 is the big mall in Corallville and that is where the train parking is located to get you to the game. Parking is free and train tickets are like $7 or $10 per person. Easy in and Easy out to the interstate and with a small group it is cost effective. Exit 242 is the primary exit for the stadium and will take you down to the Coralville strip with lots of parking at the sports bars for a price. Good deal if you want to secure parking early and then eat there afterwards. Easy walk to the stadium from that area. 244 takes you to the shuttle parking area by Hancher (free I think) or you can head on into downtown Iowa City and park at one of the campus parking ramps for pretty reasonable. Good parking/tailgating spot is the Main library on Burlington. Coming from Nebraska you probably don't want to deal with the far eastern entrances to the city unless you have a specific plan for where you are going from there in which case this information doesn't really help you anyway!

Safe travels everyone!

• Fire 1

From Lincoln with 2 modestly quick stops for drinks and getting gas at one of them it is about 4:45 from Lincoln. Best places to stop with a gas station with easy access and decent food: Exit 40 (Taco Johns and Maid Rite in the gas station), exit 72, exit 93 (BK, McD and Subway next to Casey's), DO NOT stop anywhere in Des Moines but the first exit past Adventureland which I think is 143 has a Casey's with well stocked pizza usually, Newton has a Culvers and then when you get close to Iowa City you have exit 220 and I think 230 that both have good stuff although 220 is usually busy since the Outlet Mall is there.

Exit 239 onto 380 South then off at Melrose gets you the closest to the stadium with public parking but you will be right in the thick of traffic and pay for it. Exit 240 is the big mall in Corallville and that is where the train parking is located to get you to the game. Parking is free and train tickets are like $7 or $10 per person. Easy in and Easy out to the interstate and with a small group it is cost effective. Exit 242 is the primary exit for the stadium and will take you down to the Coralville strip with lots of parking at the sports bars for a price. Good deal if you want to secure parking early and then eat there afterwards. Easy walk to the stadium from that area. 244 takes you to the shuttle parking area by Hancher (free I think) or you can head on into downtown Iowa City and park at one of the campus parking ramps for pretty reasonable. Good parking/tailgating spot is the Main library on Burlington. Coming from Nebraska you probably don't want to deal with the far eastern entrances to the city unless you have a specific plan for where you are going from there in which case this information doesn't really help you anyway!

Safe travels everyone!

I CAN'T HELP BUT NOTICE YOU PUT THE WORDS "DECENT FOOD" AND "MAID RITE" NEXT TO EACH OTHER. IS THAT A TYPO?

Safe travels everyone!

I CAN'T HELP BUT NOTICE YOU PUT THE WORDS "DECENT FOOD" AND "MAID RITE" NEXT TO EACH OTHER. IS THAT A TYPO?

when your choices are McDonalds or Maid Rite/Taco Johns in western Iowa you take what you can get :) The best food option would be head up into the Amana Colonies and eat at one of the main restaurants in Main Amana but people were talking about fast options while driving.