Worst boss you have ever had and why, how did it end?

I worked for a band whose singer once called me to ask where toilet paper is purchased. He was around 26 at the time. (His mom was rich and famous and always had maids and he got a $15,000 monthly allowance)

Another time he yelled and screamed at me over the phone for setting up an in-store concert because no one showed up. Turns out all the fans were in a different room in the building. He never called to apologize but one of the fans in that area who helped me organize it emailed to tell me about it.

The boss at my previous job was pretty horrendous - not really towards me, but towards the company and some of my coworkers.

For starters, I think her biggest problem was inexperience. But, she just also didn't come to the table with very strong ideas and played a lot of manipulative games behind the scenes. She essentially even tried to force out an employee of 12 years because everybody in our building respected him more than her, even though he was by far and away one of the most valuable people in our company.

To her credit, she had a considerable amount of compassion for people going through difficult times (i.e. bereavement) and she was very good with the bottom line, but that in turn meant it would take weeks if not months to replace coworkers who left. It also meant many of us struggling with immense workloads because of her inability to find replacements. I left in mid-September and they still haven't filled my role, and not to toot my horn, but I had a fairly critical role.