Going forward

We really don't need that great of a recruiting class. You get those high rankings by getting the flashy speedster, WR's, RB's and QB's. Nebraska has very talented RB's and WR's. The QB situation is really baffling that Nebraska can't get a legit solid quarterback, but that is a wait and see with this staff.

Really it's simple. Go out and get the nastiest, biggest, most determined offensive and defensive lines. You can have average playmakers, that can do great things behind a brick wall.

I totally agree 100% if we do not bring back the pipeline and have a defensive line that terrorizes opponents also, we'll never get to the promised land. I would take this and plug in a few difference makers here and there and you've got a championship caliber team right there.

We do need an accurate QB but I prefer one who can actually move the pocket. He doesn't have to have world class speed but he needs to be elusive and be able to scramble for a 1st down when needed e.g. DeShaun Watson/Jalen Hurts.

I don't beleive we can just bring back the pipeline, I think it has to be built over several years.

It wasn't called the Pipeline because we had good linemen sometimes, but because we always had good linemen. Every year. I'd read Athlon and other magazines every summer and read about the question marks on our line because of graduation. We never really had those question marks because of our development process on those guys so we ended up reloading that Pipeline every fall instead of rebuilding it. Even when we had injuries, it was simply next man up and there was rarely a drop off in play.

I'd love to see us get back to this but its going to take time to do it right.

And a top notch coach

We really don't need that great of a recruiting class. You get those high rankings by getting the flashy speedster, WR's, RB's and QB's. Nebraska has very talented RB's and WR's. The QB situation is really baffling that Nebraska can't get a legit solid quarterback, but that is a wait and see with this staff.

Really it's simple. Go out and get the nastiest, biggest, most determined offensive and defensive lines. You can have average playmakers, that can do great things behind a brick wall.

I totally agree 100% if we do not bring back the pipeline and have a defensive line that terrorizes opponents also, we'll never get to the promised land. I would take this and plug in a few difference makers here and there and you've got a championship caliber team right there.

We do need an accurate QB but I prefer one who can actually move the pocket. He doesn't have to have world class speed but he needs to be elusive and be able to scramble for a 1st down when needed e.g. DeShaun Watson/Jalen Hurts.

I don't beleive we can just bring back the pipeline, I think it has to be built over several years.

It wasn't called the Pipeline because we had good linemen sometimes, but because we always had good linemen. Every year. I'd read Athlon and other magazines every summer and read about the question marks on our line because of graduation. We never really had those question marks because of our development process on those guys so we ended up reloading that Pipeline every fall instead of rebuilding it. Even when we had injuries, it was simply next man up and there was rarely a drop off in play.

And a top notch coach

We may already have one.

• Fire 1

And a top notch coach
We may already have one.
Deleted double post.

And a top notch coach
We may already have one.

I guess we'll find out by the end of the 2018 season.