Pre-Spring Presser

I know the screens are his style, but that statement really isn't confidence inducing.. Sounds like a nice way of let's cover up our big issues by doing things quick so they don't have time to mess up. Talking about Sam's tweet.

I don't have an issue wanting to run screens. They can be pretty effective. And getting the ball out quickly - to whoever - is always a good plan.

But our screen game has baffled me since Riley got here. We are literally the worst team at trying to run screens that I've ever seen. I'm sure a bit of it is TA was terrible at throwing touch passes. But even the timing was almost always screwed up. RB releasing before the OL. OL not picking up blocks. It's been a total train wreck. I'd like to think that improves but there just seems to be something fundamentally wrong with how we're trying to do it.

It seems counter intuitive but a good screen game should he a bad offensive line's best friend, but what I've learned from experience is bad offensive lines are rarely good at running screens. They always seem to miss the first guy who blows the play up because you have two guys who can't decide who's going to block who. There were plenty of times this year a screen goes for ever if one guy gets a block or TA just gives the RB a ball he can handle. Drove me nuts