Lakers @ Suns Game 7

The Lakers pulled off one of the biggest chokes in NBA Playoff History. Up 3-1 and they can't close it out. Kobe basically gave up in the second half tonight. Some MVP huh? He only took 3 shots but yet could only get 1 assist. It is reasons like this that Kobe will NEVER win anything of substance(scoring title's are it) if he has to be the main man. Let's see two years without Shaq equals Kobe at home early. Oh yeah and Shaq is still playing. Nice choice Mr. Buss. :bang

The Lakers pulled off one of the biggest chokes in NBA Playoff History. Up 3-1 and they can't close it out. Kobe basically gave up in the second half tonight. Some MVP huh? He only took 3 shots but yet could only get 1 assist. It is reasons like this that Kobe will NEVER win anything of substance(scoring title's are it) if he has to be the main man. Let's see two years without Shaq equals Kobe at home early. Oh yeah and Shaq is still playing. Nice choice Mr. Buss. :bang

:yeah

Of course I am a Kings fan and took some perverse pleasure in this...

Kobe didn't "give up"...but even if he did do you expect him to win all the games single handedly for them? If you watched he had NO help tonight as they other Lakers couldn't buy a shot...if you ask me it is every other single player on the team that gave up! Piss on them for not showing up to play...

Mr Buss made the right choice - Lakers got their ass handed to them but they will only get better shaq is going to be done in about 2 years. That piece of sh#t lost weight and he still get's hurt. I equate the shaq supporters with solich supporters - THE CHANGE NEEDED TO BE MADE FOR THE FUTURE. The problem with people is 90% of the population can't see past their nose.

How will the Lakers get better? Kobe will veto any deal they try to make for a big name player. Crap he got All Star Lamar Odom and couldn't get along with him for most of the season. Kobe can't play team ball for more then three games. He is a taller version of Iverson. Only he doesn't get as many assists or steals. He can score all the points he wants but when it is all said and done he won't take the Lakers to any titles. Shaq may get hurt but like I said he is still playing and Kobe is at home. For the second straight year.

But what do I know I can't see past my nose. :wacko:

How will the Lakers get better? Kobe will veto any deal they try to make for a big name player. Crap he got All Star Lamar Odom and couldn't get along with him for most of the season.

I'm not saying your wrong, but I was not aware of Odom and Kobe never getting along...any proof?

How will the Lakers get better? Kobe will veto any deal they try to make for a big name player. Crap he got All Star Lamar Odom and couldn't get along with him for most of the season. Kobe can't play team ball for more then three games. He is a taller version of Iverson. Only he doesn't get as many assists or steals. He can score all the points he wants but when it is all said and done he won't take the Lakers to any titles. Shaq may get hurt but like I said he is still playing and Kobe is at home. For the second straight year.

But what do I know I can't see past my nose. :wacko:

They get along fine and if they didn't it would be in the LA Times and there wasn't one story all year, and despite you thinking Kobe has veto power - Jerry Buss and Mitch Kupchek run this team, Kobe dosen't have anything to do with the front office. Rumor has it they will go after Kevin Garnett or Jermain O'neal - The reason they haven't made any moves the last 2 years is because they finally have salery cap room - shaq and brian grant are off the books for 2007 - They can offer around 75 million to a free agent this year. shaq isn't going to win a title anyway - Not as long as detroit stays together.

According to ESPN and a Sports Illustrrated article about Kobe he and Odom about came to blows after a game. Kobe blamed Odom for them not winning. If you have SI it was the one with I believe Mickelson on the front after the Masters. It could all be rumor but who knows.

I do remember a game in which if Odom wouldn't have made one little mistake they would have went on to win...it was a game during mid season...don't remember much more than that...not a big deal though.

According to ESPN and a Sports Illustrrated article about Kobe he and Odom about came to blows after a game. Kobe blamed Odom for them not winning. If you have SI it was the one with I believe Mickelson on the front after the Masters. It could all be rumor but who knows.

I remember that - There wasn't a physical altercation - Kobe was screaming at him because Odem wasn't shooting the ball when he was open, after that he started to shoot the ball.

The only reason Shaq is still playing right now is becuase he is in the East and has a guy named Dwyane Wade next to him. But judging by the crushing the NEts laid on them, he won't be playing for much longer.

AS much as I hate him Kobe was the right choice between the two. He just has no help at all.