Nebraska Athletics Hall of Fame - Class of 2017

So Osborne and Tommie Frasier next year?? :dunno

It's the University of Nebraska Athletics HOF. Osborne didn't attend undergrad and play sports at UNL.

Osborne and Devaney can't make it in as coaches? What about the volleyball coach that put us on the map? He can't make it in either?

It's the University of Nebraska Athletics HOF. Osborne didn't attend undergrad and play sports at UNL.

Osborne and Devaney can't make it in as coaches? What about the volleyball coach that put us on the map? He can't make it in either?

I would rather see it reserved for athletes. I'm not sure about the HOF rules, but that's just my opinion. Give credit to the players. There is enough credit given to the coaches.

I would rather see it reserved for athletes. I'm not sure about the HOF rules, but that's just my opinion. Give credit to the players. There is enough credit given to the coaches.

How do you NOT put Osborne in the Nebraska Athletics HoF? How is that possible? One of the greatest coaches of all time. Anywhere.

How do you NOT put Osborne in the Nebraska Athletics HoF? How is that possible? One of the greatest coaches of all time. Anywhere.

Because he was a coach, not an athlete. It's just semantics.

Most athletic hall of fames to my knowledge induct players and coaches, but I can see where you are coming from ColoradoHusk

I'm not trying to be a jerk about only including players. But, Osborne is so remembered around Nebraska, that I would rather see former players get the entry into the HOF first. I know the contributions that Osborne has had for the University of Nebraska, and I was at the University during his peak. I am sure Osborne would also rather see players across numerous sports get inducted before he is.

Most athletic hall of fames to my knowledge induct players and coaches, but I can see where you are coming from ColoradoHusk

I'm not trying to be a jerk about only including players. But, Osborne is so remembered around Nebraska, that I would rather see former players get the entry into the HOF first. I know the contributions that Osborne has had for the University of Nebraska, and I was at the University during his peak. I am sure Osborne would also rather see players across numerous sports get inducted before he is.
I definitely get that and I wasn't trying to dismiss your point or call you a jerk, I agree with you. I was just pointing out others calls for coaches to be inducted isn't without precedent