Virginia Tech for 2008, 09

This is great to hear...win or lose, at least we try to play at least one quality non-conference opponent once a year...unlike Cupcake U. down in Manhattan. ;)

And yes, I do know they scheduled Miami in about 10 years or something. Who cares.

The only thing that will make this better is if the program stops scheduling 1AA teams. But VA Tech is a great matchup. I like it! :thumbs

truth be told, i won't know how to feel about this until bernard weighs in on the subject.

i look to him for guidence in such matters.

WHAT?

I like it....I live in ACC country and Va Tech was originally considered an "add on" team when Miami and Boston College were included in their expansion. They have done really well in Football and held their on in B-ball (though not this year). Sounds like a great road trip opportunity for me!!

LOVE your picture, dude! That Whorns fan is now the background of my computer! You and Jake got it goin' on!

As for Va Tech......Happy Happy! Joy Joy! I love it!!!! :clap

truth be told, i won't know how to feel about this until bernard weighs in on the subject.

i look to him for guidence in such matters.

:lol:

I'm hoping that Benard finds something positive about us playing VT, because I want to be excited about it. But, you know...if Benard thinks that Frankie S would have attracted a better matchup, I would have to change my mind because the omniscience of Benard is undeniable.

Va. Tech, Nebraska planning to meet

The Cornhuskers are replacing Wisconsin on the Hokies' schedule in 2008 and 2009.

BY DAVID TEEL

247-4636

May 12, 2006

Virginia Tech and Nebraska have agreed to a home-and-home football series in 2008 and '09, the teams' first meeting since the 1996 Orange Bowl.

The Cornhuskers replace Wisconsin on the Hokies' schedule, and those schools hope to play in later years, Tech athletic director Jim Weaver said in a statement.

"Anytime you can play one of the great programs in the country it's good for your fans and good for your program," Hokies coach Frank Beamer said. "Now we just have to get ready to play them."

Tech's other non-conference opponents in 2008 are Bowling Green, East Carolina and Division I-AA Furman. The 2009 schedule includes Cincinnati, Marshall and East Carolina.

The Hokies will visit the Cornhuskers on Sept. 20, 2008, with a return game the following year in Blacksburg on Sept. 19. Tech and Nebraska have met just once: the Cornhuskers' 41-21 Orange Bowl victory.

"I remember how many good players they had," Beamer said. "They were running 'em in there all night, and we ran out of gas about the third quarter."

Nebraska finished 8-4 last season and defeated Michigan in the Alamo Bowl. Virginia Tech was 11-2 and defeated Louisville in the Gator Bowl.

Weaver and Nebraska athletic director Steve Pederson were conference colleagues when Tech belonged to the Big East and Pederson was the AD at Pittsburgh.

"Our goal is to play non-conference games against high-profile opponents each season," Pederson said. "Virginia Tech has been one of the most successful programs in the country for more than a decade. This is a series that should be extremely enticing to fans of both schools, and college football fans in general. The trip to Blacksburg will also give our East Coast fans a great opportunity to see our team play." «

I like it....I live in ACC country and Va Tech was originally considered an "add on" team when Miami and Boston College were included in their expansion.  They have done really well in Football and held their on in B-ball (though not this year).  Sounds like a great road trip opportunity for me!!

LOVE your picture, dude! That Whorns fan is now the background of my computer! You and Jake got it goin' on!

As for Va Tech......Happy Happy! Joy Joy! I love it!!!! :clap

What do you mean...that is a picture of me!

:sarcasm:sarcasm:sarcasm