Where to get your news

• 2 weeks later...

The NYT article, entitled "Who is Carmen Yulin Cruz, the Puerto Rican Mayor Feuding With Trump?" goes on to describe her as "outspoken" with a proclivity for speaking in "blunt and emotional terms"; issuing a "verbal distress signal" with "eyes filling with tears". It points out that her personal evacuation efforts of residents from a burning building could "come across as showboating".

Also in the NYT today:

Yeesh. Be adequate.

Oh thank goodness. Finally, it's arrived: The day Donald Trump became president.

It's such a hackneyed, cliche phrase on CNN it's amazing more people don't take potshots at them. Goes to show that TV pundits, much like politicians, are also looking to sell themselves and produce catchy sound bites & signature moments. 

I've got to say, their incessant updates about the shooting have really annoyed me. I know it is news, but do we really need point by point updates every half and hour about every new morsel of information?

I still think they source really extensively and publish some really important breaking news. But it couldn't be more obvious they're milking the shooting for all the ratings they can get'h

Their desire to put sensationalism & ratings & pundit "insight" above all has really turned me off of their TV offerings.

• Plus1 1

Holy hell. This is a big story and much more encompassing than I had thought.

Yeah, nuh uh. "I don't remember those emails" may be true, but it doesn't fly given the content of those emails. Nobody is mad about Dan Lyons' memory of who he is.

• Plus1 2
  • 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand how Wikileaks is at all similar to trolls. Has anything Wikileaks has published turned out to be fake or untrue? Ever?

If you want to say Wikileaks slants their leaks or selectively leaks their information, that's debatable but in no way the same as trolls saying things that aren't true.

• Plus1 1