Where to get your news

Yikes, REUTERS.

(Townhall writer; interestingly... https://twitter.com/crousselle: "holy sh#t this is not what doppelgänger means")

(This tweet is v2.0 from REUTERS. v1.0 said "namesake" instead.)

(And, for all the outrage over this story...he wasn't pulled, and it wasn't for PC reasons. Not that the mutuality of wanting to avoid a circus will stop Republican demagogues such as their GOP candidate for Virginia governor from beating that drum. CNN article here : http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/23/opinions/espn-robert-lee-charlottesville-jones-opinion/index.html)

(The Virginia GOP, in unrelated news, blasted the Democratic candidate in the race for "turning his back" on his heritage by wanting monuments to the Confederacy removed, "#pathetic".)

(They later tweeted an apology, saying this had come out all wrong and reiterating their commitment to being against racism. Except, I suppose, when it comes to loyalty to the Confederate cause.)

(That's all for the parentheticals)

• Plus1 1

Yeah, but it sounds like this guy said "Hey, my name is Robert Lee and this seems like a crazy time and place, can we get me switched to another game?" "Yes." Either party could have initiated that discussion; it's not clear. What is clear is that they tried to be nondescript about this. 

Yet it's being reported as "ESPN pulls guy for having the name." That defines the reaction. 

• Plus1 1

I have never put my full trust in the media. Their goal is to make $.

But it's far more damaging to the country to silence them, especially when the reason for wanting to silence them is that they expose your (Trump's) lies.

Also, imagine if they'd split that into Fox and non-Fox. The problem with a large # of Republicans is they trust Fox.