Nebraska vs. Texas

Hey guys and gals just won an auction on ebay for Texas vs. Nebraska tickets :) and I'm wondering where a pretty good place in Lincoln to stay would be that's close to the stadium. Any ideas would be fantastic plus stuff to do around Lincoln besides go to a game would be great as well I plan on spending the night either before or after the game depending on the game time. Any one know what time the game is supposed to be or is it still TBA????

I agree Embassy is a great hotel, however they make you (or at least have in the past) stay a minimum of two nights on Husker home game weekends. It is also quite pricy. If these factors are no problem, that is the place to stay. The downtown Holliday Inn is also a nice hotel and is very close to the stadium. The only other downtown hotel is the Cornhusker, which is overpriced IMO. Those are the only three hotels really within walking distance.

alright thanks for the info so far guys keep it coming since I'm coming from Des Moines, IA I don't know that much about the Lincoln area I've only been to one other game and that was in 2000. I'll check on the embassy suites and the Holiday Inn along with the cornhusker but there was a few hotels that already didn't have rooms available anymore!!! :wacko:

It depends what you're looking for. The Cornhusker would be my last choice, but if you're hoity-toity and enjoy the week's stock reports from the Wall Street Journal delivered to your room with your full non-complimentary and very expensive room-service breakfast, then that's the place for you. Expect to be called, "Buffy" or "Champ" or "Your Heiness".

Both the Holiday Inn and Embassy Suites are in a great location, both have in-hotel bars, good bars close to them.

You'll be more prone to see families with kids at the Holiday Inn. But the Holiday Inn is sooo close to great restaurants in the Haymarket and plenty of drink possibilities, including Barry's, Jack's, Old Chicago, etc.

Embassy Suites also is pretty close to the Haymarket, only a block or two further from the Holiday Inn. The advantage of the ES is that it is closer to the downtown bar scene, if that is your fancy. Cliff's, WC's, Sandy's, etc. is an easy walk to (and the walk back varies, depending upon the inebriation level :cheers )

Most importantly, all three are EASY walking distance to the greatest facility in Nebraska! (no, not Starbuck's, and not the Roller-skating museum) and that is Memorial Stadium! :thumbs

Book early, and you can't go wrong. Friday and Game night will be magic (P.S. Sidetracks the night before game is a no-brainer) no matter what you choose, and no matter how bad NU beats UT.

Congrats on the tix, enjoy your stay, and Fops here will buy ya a beer if he's still conscious ;)