Lee B. on Wisconsin

2 minutes ago, Ven said:

See?   Just like Minnesota.

W: "You guys suck at football"

M: "We have 7 national championships!"

It doesn't even matter to you that you never beat anyone with a pulse lately, because you won a NC once!  Do you guys have a trophy game with Minnesota?  Is it a flickering candle?  No, a gasping fish out of water!  Am I close? 

Yeah, who could Wisconsin ever recruit who's worth a damn without all those blue-blood national championships to brag about.  I mean, we might have to settle for a Melvin Gordon over an Ameer Abdullah.  Well, we'll try to soldier on as second-class citizens.  Please don't out-recruit us too hard, OK?

ok buddy, we might fire coaches but Wisconsin cannot keep a coach around longer than Trump can stay off twitter. And yea bud we have won 5 national titles in the last forty years. what has Wisconsin won of merit?

Just now, timmytbro said:

ok buddy, we might fire coaches but Wisconsin cannot keep a coach around longer than Trump can stay off twitter. And yea bud we have won 5 national titles in the last forty years. what has Wisconsin won of merit?

I'm not comparing you to Wisconsin, I'm comparing you to Minnesota. The similarities are uncanny.

Gee whiz, I was comparing you to a team that has won more national championships that Nebraska has and you take that as an insult?  It's a compliment, you ungrateful lout. 

You guys are almost as good as Minnesota. 

It takes a special type of football ignorance to take that as an insult.

On 10/2/2017 at 7:57 PM, Undone said:

I think that as more and more time passes since the enacting of the roster and scholarship limits that the "Nebraska/Alvarez" comparisons honestly get thinner and thinner. It's pretty good clickbait to draw in views from the Nebraska fan base, though.

The blueprint of running the ball and chewing up clock is only one side of the ball. Wisconsin's real accomplishment as a program over the last decade specifically is having such great defensive units. 

Scoring wasn't a huge problem for our team since we entered the B1G. But defense was. Look at all of the blowouts we experienced under Bo in conference play in the Big Ten and now under Riley. We've struggled so much on defense. Wisconsin practically never struggles on defense. And I don't think that there's any correlation to their defensive side of the ball and things that Osborne & McBride did at all at this point post-scholarship/roster limit.

The thread should have ended with this post...nothing further needs to be said, you nailed it sir *golf clap*