Mike Leach on which stadiums are louder than Autzen

knapplc

19 hours ago, California Husker said:

Idk, he's been improving that program every year since he got there. I think he'll do a lot better than 8-4 this year. In another thread where I pointed out MR's career stats at OSU, I was told you can't win in Corvallis. So I pointed out that Leach was winning at Wazzu and it's smaller and farther out in the sticks than Corvallis. Of course, all the "expert" legends jumped all over me for even suggesting that Leach was a good coach.

.....last I checked, Wazzu is undefeated, ranked close to the top 10 and just upset #4 USC. Leach can coach. He wouldn't be my first pick, but he would be a HUGE upgrade from MR. 

Outside of MR's era there have only been 3 other winning seasons in Corvallis over the past 40 some odd years. That's pretty close to "you can't win in Corvallis" as you can come.   

WSU has more historical success for whatever reason.  Mike Price took WSU to a Rose bowl in the 1990's and again in the 2000's.  Has OSU ever been to a Rose Bowl?

Leach will have very similar success at WSU to what MR had at OSU.  He'll have a nice run of 8 to 10 win seasons with a little luck.  Then his assistant will start getting hired away, which started last year when Oregon hired his D-line coach, add a couple bad breaks and he'll have some .500 or below seasons too.  When you win at a place like WSU or OSU people copy what you're doing and do it with better athletes.  They also come after your assistants to learn how you do it and weaken you at the same time.  Then they start to pilfer your top recruits every year on top of it.  

5 hours ago, LaunchCode said:

Outside of MR's era there have only been 3 other winning seasons in Corvallis over the past 40 some odd years. That's pretty close to "you can't win in Corvallis" as you can come.   

WSU has more historical success for whatever reason.  Mike Price took WSU to a Rose bowl in the 1990's and again in the 2000's.  Has OSU ever been to a Rose Bowl?

Leach will have very similar success at WSU to what MR had at OSU.  He'll have a nice run of 8 to 10 win seasons with a little luck.  Then his assistant will start getting hired away, which started last year when Oregon hired his D-line coach, add a couple bad breaks and he'll have some .500 or below seasons too.  When you win at a place like WSU or OSU people copy what you're doing and do it with better athletes.  They also come after your assistants to learn how you do it and weaken you at the same time.  Then they start to pilfer your top recruits every year on top of it.  

Ahhh, there it is. I knew it would be coming. So freaking predictable. 

23 hours ago, FlipPhone said:

I guess i am in the minority for disliking him.  He bores me to tears, in fact.  He's a guy who can talk forever and never actually say anything, really.  I don't get the love for him at all.

He's a lawyer.....this is not some great revelation, old hat for him...honestly I have thought more than once that if he coached for us and hired a DC like Venables, Stoops, McBride, M Kiffin et al that he would be very tough to beat...before anyone talks smack about him you must recall our own recent woes against USC both at home and in the coliseum, we dont have a leg to stand on in that conversation as of right now, thank BC for that