8 yards rushing!!!

17 minutes ago, skersfan said:

We need linemen nothing but linemen.  Big mean nasty linemen.  You can't make them out of skill players.  We need the big uglies, and have for quite awhile I think

Offensive line recruiting is overrated, IMO. It's a very teachable position. There is also the flexibility of body shaping at the position. People, in general, are not naturally over 300 pounds. Sometimes you can recruit a more athletic guy and build him up, or a bigger guy and slim him down. Moreso than other positions, if you're willing to work at it, you can get what you're after without needing the high profile guy at the position. A 5 star receiver is going to have a size and speed combination that other guys just can't match, no matter what you do to them. A 5 star offensive lineman is more often just more ready to play immediately than a lower rated guy. You definitely see this in draft results by position for these higher rated recruits.

7 minutes ago, brophog said:

Offensive line recruiting is overrated, IMO. It's a very teachable position. There is also the flexibility of body shaping at the position. People, in general, are not naturally over 300 pounds. Sometimes you can recruit a more athletic guy and build him up, or a bigger guy and slim him down. Moreso than other positions, if you're willing to work at it, you can get what you're after without needing the high profile guy at the position. A 5 star receiver is going to have a size and speed combination that other guys just can't match, no matter what you do to them. A 5 star offensive lineman is more often just more ready to play immediately than a lower rated guy. You definitely see this in draft results by position for these higher rated recruits.

Good points. Further proof Cav should've never been allowed on campus.

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, Hunter94 said:

we need to recruit a big time RB this spring...........and some linemen!

If I were a top RB recruit, there is absolutely no way in hell I would look at Nebraska right now.  Our line is so pathetic at run blocking (really, our run game in general)  that I could be Marshal Faulk and still look average.

Edited by BigRedBuster