Member what Oregon State fans told us when Riley was hired?

Only one reason explains MR coming to Lincoln and that is he was brought in to adjust NU's culture away from what BP brought to the table. It is a weak reason to bring in a head coach, but, it's the only one I think has any real credibility. He was not the best available coach they could've hired at the time and most connected people I know are convinced Bielema was the #1 guy.

As for SE's seemingly unilateral hiring process, I don't know how universities make those decisions. I'm assuming SE was given the clearance to hire who he felt was best and Perlman/other higher ups merely signed off on the decision. I can't say I'm surprised, though. Despite all the positive things Perlman did for NU academically, he has played a crucial role in Nebraska's debilitating football failures during the last two decades.

I recall being totally shocked by the hire, didn’t know who the hell he was.  When Eichorst introduced him, my first thought was You’ve got to be kidding.  Poor hire. 

They need to get it right this time.  I’d like to have Scott Frost as our coach.  I believe he would be a great coach and unite the fan base.  

I would hardly have been turning cartwheels over Scott three years ago but I'd have still taken him over Riley.  I lost my s*** when I found out we made that hire. He had one winning season out of his last five, assuming that had nothing to do with Riley was just absurd. I would rather had made a  bit of a reach on an up-and-coming OC than settled on an old coach on his downward slide. I don't buy the "we need Mr. Rogers to reverse the toxic culture" crap. I see way more evidence of a toxic culture now. Effort and accountability have gone to hell both in football and in the classroom. Bo's temper and "us against the world" attitude don't touch that.