Scott Frost News/Tweets/Rumors

Huskerzoo

On 11/17/2017 at 8:33 AM, Football Guy Bob said:

To expand on this:

Sean Callahan contacted a Tennessee rivals guy who seems to think Frost is going to Nebraska.  Marcus Mariota, who plays in Tennessee, has said the same.  Mariota also said it was common knowledge while at Oregon that Frost loved Nebraska and it was his “dream job”.

Callahan said Texas A&M would worry him if it opened up.  But their writers have not heard Frost mentioned at all in their circles.  They are mainly looking at a “established P5 coach”.

• Plus1 1

11/17

23 hours ago, jessica0 said:

No emergency team meeting. It was a troll attempt (not me). Continue on with your night. 

11/17

22 hours ago, blessed2bahusker said:

Just another nugget to add to the rest of the speculation.

A friend of mine who is a part owner of a local tech startup recently worked with one of UNL's men's teams. They are trying to expand quickly and one of their recent negotiations has been with UCF due to a fellow co-owners connections there.

They were in talks with the UCF athletic department for services specifically for football operations until last week. The project has been put on hold because UCF is expecting a coaching staff change. One of his connections there revealed that they are aware that the Frosts are already looking for homes in Lincoln. 

11/18

11 hours ago, jessica0 said:

The insider has spoken...

BummerbryAdministrator
Initially offer was $40 million for 6 years. So if we get Frost for 7 years at $35 million that screams TO involvement here. All that extra $ will go for assistants which is TO all the way!!!

11/18

11 hours ago, Pilot041 said:

There have been no staff requests of Frost by Nebraska.  The university will work with him if he chooses to retain any.  

Coach Riley said that he'd like to coach the remaining games. He is coaching through the end of the season.

Game day! Go Huskers.

NU wanted to have a deal agreed to by Tuesday.  Frost hadn't committed so on Wednesday NU started working on Fuente harder - and there was mutual interest there.  However, it was agreed to give Frost until Saturday.  

NU struck a tentative deal with Frost on Friday, though still working out some details - salary pool for assistants, etc.  Frost has turned away all other suitors - Florida, Tennessee, etc.

Since it's only a tentative deal, he could technically still choose to remain at Central Florida but, barring a dramatic change-of-heart on Frost's part - everything is set to go.

• Plus1 2

On 11/18/2017 at 9:30 PM, jessica0 said:

I am surprised people are still talking about an obvious nondenail denial. 

That Lars guy says he is 90 percent sure Scott Frost comes and he stands behind the numbers he tweeted. That means he has agreed to the terms and just waiting to make it official on Friday night or Saturday. It is a home game so no time wasted flying back home. And Nebraska is at home too, and guess where the Nebraska basketball team has a game this week? At UCF. 

On 11/19/2017 at 9:50 AM, BoneyardHusker said:

So from the Twitterverse this morning, more and more media guys from ESPN are pretty certain Frost to Nebraska is practically done.

UCF "big boosters" conjuring up "The ultimate championship Knight package" deal or something like that to offer Frost.

• Plus1 1
On 11/19/2017 at 1:51 PM, jessica0 said:

Let's just say there is a reason Lars tweeted what he did and the numbers he listed. And a reason why Frost didn't say there were no talks or no deal on the table. 

Next year college football is going to look a lot different and I am looking forward to it. A&M will have a new coach. UCLA is getting so much Chip Kelly buzz on Twitter I can't keep up with it, UF will be laughed at for letting things leak to the public and end up with a Taggart or Strong (where my money would be going to now), Auburn's coach will be going to Arkansas, and more. 

On 11/19/2017 at 2:34 PM, Hedley Lamarr said:

I am going to expound a little bit here even though I shouldn't 

Lars Anderson isn't full of it and he isnt spreading rumors etc. He stated something that is factual. I can also tell you that he most likely was told not to give details etc out and was told in confidence. Definitely not suppose to spill it on twitter for millions of people to see. 

Facts

1. NU will not be outbid by any other school for Scott Frost. Bounds and Green as well as Moos know the importance of this hire.

2. Our administration wants frost, our fans want frost, our big money wants frost.

3. Our top donors have blank checks ready to bring Scott home. 

4. I can't expound on why I say Frost is coming home but for him not to at this point would make me question some of his values (I know this sounds harsh) 

• Plus1 1
On 11/19/2017 at 10:58 PM, Husker56 said:

I have seen a few people on Twitter and other boards say that Frost only wants to leave if he can bring his entire staff with him. Also, there were articles today that Florida was concerned that Frost wouldn't bring a staff that could recruit SEC players and that's part of the reason they soured on him. I think it's all bull as I imagine Scott would do great at recruiting where ever he went. Also, have seen that Nebraska would let him bring whoever he likes, so maybe that is helping us a lot. Who knows if it is true or not, but that'd be great if it helps N land him! 

On 11/20/2017 at 7:52 AM, jessica0 said:

As the article said, and Hedley has said, we will not be outbid for Scott Frost. The article doesn't use Scott Frost but that is what they are hinting at. 

• Mavric unpinned this topic