NU football ticket holders

NU football ticket holders

GII: NU football ticket holders receive notice Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From GII:

The Nebraska athletic department notified and congratulated the newest Memorial Stadium football season ticket holders via letters mailed on Tuesday.

As promised, when the athletic department initially embarked on the $50 million Memorial Stadium expansion project, 1,000 of the new tickets did not require a donation and 50 percent of those were given to those on a previous wait list. The remainder of the new seats were assigned to those who have committed to make annual donations of $150 per ticket or more.

A computerized, random lottery utilizing Paciolan's Ticketing Software was held among the fans who requested tickets, but will not be required to give a contribution at this time. The lucky winners of the non-contribution seats will receive notification that they received two season tickets by mail this week.

In order to assist as many Husker fans as possible, the athletic department waited to assign new seats until after the renewal period was complete. Because the process was delayed, more fans were assisted and some fans will have placements awarded in other locations throughout the stadium.

"This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and we are pleased to be able to assist fans who are not in a position to make a contribution at this time, as well as the thousands of fans who stepped up and made pledges to our athletic program," Nebraska athletics director Steve Pederson said. "We appreciate the support Nebraska fans have given as we continue our outstanding tradition of sellouts."

Memorial Stadium has been sold out since 1962 and with requests for nearly 15,000 season tickets, the demand for tickets was very high. Husker fans willingly pledged donations for a chance at obtaining new season tickets.

In fact, not all fans willing to make a contribution were assisted at this time. More than 3,600 fans (requesting 8,800 tickets) were entered into the no-contribution-required lottery.

Those not receiving season tickets at this time were entered into a new football season ticket wait list. Those fans were notified of their wait list number and given the opportunity to purchase single-game tickets to one of the three home non-conference games in 2006, with no handling fee assessed.

Although Big 12 contracts call for 4,000 tickets to be allotted for the visiting teams, Nebraska's non-conference contracts in 2006 had smaller allotments reserved for opponents, which provides Husker fans with the opportunity to purchase these tickets.

Refunds to those who did not receive season tickets will be processed immediately.

My family has had season tickets in Section 28, Row 28 for about 70 years. Unless the Athletic Department goes back to the old rules of inheritance, I think when both my parents are gone, I won't be going to many more Husker games because I think it's BS to have to pay an extra "tax" just to get season tickets. Besides, after sitting in the West Stadium for 40 years, I'm spoiled! One season in the South Stadium as a student was enough!

Bastards! I was turned down for tickets. I wonder how many commonfolk actually got tickets.

To make all the hopefuls feel like complete sheeite...I got left off the list as well. The interesting thing is, I am an alum. My best friend, who is from my home town, graduated from SMSU, now called Mizzpoo St., and since he knew some chick in the 'office' got some geezer's tix on the 50 9 rows up for life. He pays his dues, and loves the Big Red, but also knows he got a sweet deal for NEVER attending Nebraska. He is 30, BTW. Someone needs to run over the cheeky bastards who think that this system is a work of genius, because it is absolutely stupid.

But I love him, since he got me tix to USC, through my alma mater, not his. How f*cked up is this!??!? :bang

Bastards!  I was turned down for tickets.  I wonder how many commonfolk actually got tickets.

To make all the hopefuls feel like complete sheeite...I got left off the list as well. The interesting thing is, I am an alum. My best friend, who is from my home town, graduated from SMSU, now called Mizzpoo St., and since he knew some chick in the 'office' got some geezer's tix on the 50 9 rows up for life. He pays his dues, and loves the Big Red, but also knows he got a sweet deal for NEVER attending Nebraska. He is 30, BTW. Someone needs to run over the cheeky bastards who think that this system is a work of genius, because it is absolutely stupid.

But I love him, since he got me tix to USC, through my alma mater, not his. How f*cked up is this!??!? :bang

so long as you don't actually have to *love* him to use the tickets, i guess it's cool.

Bastards!  I was turned down for tickets.  I wonder how many commonfolk actually got tickets.

so long as you don't actually have to *love* him to use the tickets, i guess it's cool.

This isn't 'Brokeback Husker Mountain', is it?

I'll say thank jeebus no. :thumbs