DE Jamarcus Chatman [Florida State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

21 members have voted

1. 1. To Which School Will Chatman Commit?

• Nebraska
    • Georgia Tech
    • Tennesee
    • Miami
    • Florida State
    • Virginia Tech
    • North Carolina

This poll is closed to new votes

Player: Jamarcus Chatman

Hometown: Rome, Georgia

School: Rome

Position: Defensive End, Defensive Tackle

Height: 6-2

Weight: 258

40 Time

Offers: Arizona, Arkansas, Arkansas State, Baylor, BYU, California, Cincinnati, Colorado, Connecticut, Duke, East Carolina, Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Iowa, Iowa State, Kentucky, LSU, Louisville, Marshall, Maryland, Memphis, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Mississippi, Mississippi State, Nebraska, North Carolina, Oregon, Pittsburgh, Purdue, Rutgers, San Diego State, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Toledo, Troy, Tulane, UCF, USC, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, West Virginia, Wstern Kentucky

Visits

Twitter

247 Composite: #413 Overall; #29 DT; .8851; :star:star:star 

Rivals: #36 SDE; :star:star:star 
247: #27 DT; :star:star:star 
ESPN: #271 Overall; #26 DE; :star:star:star:star 

Hudl

Pretty impressive offer list for this guy. I suppose for his height/weight he's a bit of a tweener on the DL but considering it's Frost's first class I don't know why we would care.

Film was very solid. Not necessarily a guy with world-beating pass rush moves, but he's got a very high motor & great discipline. Very solid against the run - had the power to straight bullrush his way through men when he wanted but also played intelligently & set a very good edge. I don't know that he lost contain once, even on reverses - blew a few up for big losses & took smart angles when a fast guy was going to get around him. Kept his eyes on the ball & found a way to drop the QB when he was initially stopped & also managed to tip a few passes at the line. The get off was also usually very quick - there were a couple times on PA where he was in the QBs face before he could even turn around.

Played for Rome, which went undefeated in 5A Ga ball & smoked a 14-1 team 38-0 in the title game. MaxPreps has them as the top team in GA this year & ranked 21st nationally.

Seems like a very solid player. Would love to see him in Lincoln.

2 hours ago, dudeguyy said:

Pretty impressive offer list for this guy. I suppose for his height/weight he's a bit of a tweener on the DL but considering it's Frost's first class I don't know why we would care.

Film was very solid. Not necessarily a guy with world-beating pass rush moves, but he's got a very high motor & great discipline. Very solid against the run - had the power to straight bullrush his way through men when he wanted but also played intelligently & set a very good edge. I don't know that he lost contain once, even on reverses - blew a few up for big losses & took smart angles when a fast guy was going to get around him. Kept his eyes on the ball & found a way to drop the QB when he was initially stopped & also managed to tip a few passes at the line. The get off was also usually very quick - there were a couple times on PA where he was in the QBs face before he could even turn around.

Played for Rome, which went undefeated in 5A Ga ball & smoked a 14-1 team 38-0 in the title game. MaxPreps has them as the top team in GA this year & ranked 21st nationally.

Seems like a very solid player. Would love to see him in Lincoln.

To be fair... yes,  he did not put film of him losing edge/contain on his highlight reel. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to DE Jamarcus Chatman [Florida State - Signed LOI]