Titans Trade McNair To Ravens

The Tennessee Titans have traded Steve McNair to the Baltimore Ravens. LINK

I hate to say it, but I'm afraid Baltimore isn't getting the player they might think they're getting. McNair has been banged up over the last few years, and I don't think he's nearly as effective as he once was.

On the other hand, his best years coincided with a great running attack, and Baltimore does stress that, so who knows?

What I dont get is the 5 year contract. The guy is a gamer but injuries and age should play into a contract. :wacko:

Amen to that. I get sick and tired of people saying he is the most hard-nosed player in this league that plays through injuries. He is injured 24/7 so does he really have a choice? Him getting co mvp with Manning a couple years back was a damn joke. Boller blows too and it is hard to believe they have had him around this long. Billick still being there surprises me as well.

I kind of like this move for the Ravens. Their defense is not getting any younger and they need to make a move now. I know that McNair was not what he once was but he is better than Boller and the Ravens have some offensive weapons to put around McNair. I don't know how their offensive lines compare but the Ravens better protect an investment like that.

I agree 5 years is quite a long time for him to go and I don't think he can make it that long!!! They were talking on Inside the NFL last year that they didn't think he could go another year!!! All it's going to take is a really big hit and I personally think he'll be done!!! ;)