NU/KU...the best poster 'elsewhere'

Kansas at Nebraska Sept 30: Why it will not be a good day for the Jayhawks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The field will be left littered with feathers---blue and red ones.

Here are some reasons:

1) That KU defense:

To their credit KU was #11 in the nation in Total Defense last year. But some things have changed…

--Gone: Co-Defensive Coordinator/LB coach Dave Doeren. He was an effective young “up and comer” (age 34). Bret Bielema at Wisconsin snapped up Doeren and made him the Badgers Co-Defensive Coordinator. Mangino was miffed. But Doeren's decision was a projection of KU's prospects in the Big 12-North.

--Three defensive starters return---only 1 total in the front seven D-Line & LB corps. That’s a lot of inexperience to bring into a Big 12 opener on the road.

2) Mangino’s record on the road in the Big 12: 1-15.

That’s right. Maybe it's those tiny refrigerators they have in hotel rooms...

Whatever. Make it 1-16.

3) A new Quarterback: Zero snaps in ’05.

--Coz's boys gained national respect with their Pass Efficiency Defense (#10 in nation), Sacks (#1), Tackles-for-Loss (#1), etc. It will be “an educational experience” for *Fr QB Kerry Meier.

--KU offense: 6 starters return. The good: 3 of 5 in the O-line. (Center David Ochoa is on the ’06 Rimington Watch List. He’ll be a good test for NT’s Dagunduro and Suh.)

4) The Big Guy is likeable. His Big 12 record is not: 8-24.

--2002: 0-8

--2003: 3-5

--2004: 2-6

--2005: 3-5

There’s hopeful talk in Lawrence about a “corner has been turned.” No. Mangino and Baylor’s Guy Morriss are at the bottom of the Big 12---in win-loss records and attendance.

A 25% winning percentage won’t change that. Nor will a trip to Lincoln.

5) How do you become bowl-eligible at KU?

Mangino no longer schedules Northwestern, Wyoming or Toledo (this year completes the Toledo home-and away.) Instead his schedules have this flavor….

Non-conference games:

2005:

--Florida Atlantic (Win: 30-19)

--Appalachian State (I-AA; Win: 36-8)

--Louisiana Tech (Win 34-14)

2006:

--Northwestern State (I-AA)

--Louisiana-Monroe

--at Toledo

--South Florida

The Bottom Line:

The Jayhawks will leave Lincoln with tailfeathers missing. The road has never been good for Mangino’s teams. That sure won’t change September 30. Then there's that word.... "payback."

Just some things to think about….

credit to 'rojo'...he knows his stuff.

Yeah last years game was so sad, because we didn't lose because they were better than us, they just wanted it more. They just purely out hustled us.

That was the worst wash I've ever given my wife's Honda....man was I pissed. I only hope the boys play smart and without the chip...cuz you know they will be severely upset...I would be :steam

I think that's the game I'm going to get to this year, also. And we'd better win! Especially since the guy coming with me is a KU fan and he gave me sh#t last year about our loss. However, he did say this year he'd be reluctant to go with me up to Lincoln because he doesn't think KU has the slightest chance of winning in Lincoln...he's said our being in Lawrence helped their win a lot.

Go Big Red

I am going to that game and I am really looking forward to the beat down that we are going to give them! :box There will never again be a 40-15 loss to these idiots. Jabba the Coach you have met your match! :steam:restore2:cheers:horns2

lol. my first attempt at a fark. inspired by ForeverRed. tried to paint a KU cap on his head.

I am going to that game and I am really looking forward to the beat down that we are going to give them! :box There will never again be a 40-15 loss to these idiots. Jabba the Coach you have met your match! :steam  :restore2  :cheers  :horns2

lol. my first attempt at a fark. inspired by ForeverRed. tried to paint a KU cap on his head.

It looks good on him, Pig. Even if your art was bad, it'd still look good :thumbs

I am going to that game and I am really looking forward to the beat down that we are going to give them! :box There will never again be a 40-15 loss to these idiots. Jabba the Coach you have met your match! :steam  :restore2  :cheers  :horns2

Coach Mangino is that you? :lol:

One of the funniest things I've read in awhile was in the Texas student paper when Mangino was still at Oklahoma and they said they feared for Bevo because Mangino could finish him off in one sitting. :woo

well i hope that the husker will be hungry for roast jayhawk!!!!!!! cuase theres now way in hell that they are going to come into our house and beat us. The running game with with glenn and lucky will be running wild along with the cheif pilot zac taylor getting the ball to the recivers!!! and all of that gonna happen on my 28th b-day where i will be amongst the thousands and thousands of huskers fans getting loud and rowdy!!!!! :steam:wasted:cheers:horns2:restore2

well i hope that the husker will be hungry for roast jayhawk!!!!!!! cuase theres now way in hell that they are going to come into our house and beat us. The running game with with glenn and lucky will be running wild along with the cheif pilot zac taylor getting the ball to the recivers!!! and all of that gonna happen on my 28th b-day where i will be amongst the thousands and thousands of huskers fans getting loud and rowdy!!!!! :steam:wasted:cheers:horns2:restore2

There ya go. :)