seems pretty clear the offense is worse than last year.

BoSolich

ziggy and morgan were great players, and their replacements have not shown much.

mills is basically a worse version of ziggy, and wandale is basically just a worse version of spielman.  i haven't seen anybody that replaces what stanley brought.

and martinez was terrible in game 1 and a turnover machine in game 2. not sure what to attribute that to other than maybe a sophomore slump?

3 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

ziggy and morgan were great players, and their replacements have not shown much.

mills is basically a worse version of ziggy, and wandale is basically just a worse version of spielman.  i haven't seen anybody that replaces what stanley brought.

and martinez was terrible in game 1 and a turnover machine in game 2. not sure what to attribute that to other than maybe a sophomore slump?

I agree with everything except the bold. Definitely too early to tell. I think the kid could be special. Just have to get the ball in his hands more often. He did miss an important catch in the 2nd half today. 

I had was pretty outspoken on this matter so I will go there again. Those two were very good players, but neither were great. Could Nebraska have used them? Absolutely! The issue though isn't about those two being missed. It has everything to do with the lack of development of what they have at WR, and Mills is not a good fit for this O, and a bit overhyped. Woodyard, M Williams, and Hunt (suspended) are huge holes for this O, with the first two not being very good.

5 minutes ago, BoSolich said:

Have you even watched Wandale play?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1