This Is Not What We Expected

The reality that we are now seeing is that Frost and his staff smoked the audition by dominating a lesser conference.  Basically he was the best coach from the rookie leagues.  And there was no way we were ever going to let him get away as he was the hot commodity everyone wanted. He had just beaten the big bad SEC too!  

Now he inherits an inferior roster in a way tougher big time conference and what we are seeing is some on the job learning and other teams that have top notch coaches and players.  You can’t bank on the ultimate weapon that my offense will just outscore the opponent because the opponents have good offenses and defenses.

I like Frost but this thing is having a slow start out of the gate.  We’ve seen some glimpses.  Now with the long contract all we can do is be patient and see the team develop.  There sure are lots of holes but Frost is the right person to get them fixed. I would like to see re-emphasis on the defensive side of the ball as a calling card for this team.  It seems there is too much emphasis on becoming the Texas Tech of the BIG where maybe we upset someone 48-45 but are stuck in mediocrity.  The Blackshirt defense must be an integral part of winning and an absolute identity for this football team.  

So while it has been disappointing thus far one thing is absolutely clear.  Frost is here for a long time and could easily be 20+ years on the job.  He will have a long time to rebuild the identity of the program and for that he is the right choice, growing pains and all.

GBR

9 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Penn State - 4 year post season ban, loss of 40 Scholarships - Takes 1 year for Bill O'Brien to win 8 games

Baylor - Rhule takes over after rape scandal, arrives in December with 1 recruit committed, wins 9 games in year 3.

Nebraska - Frost takes over for Riley - 7 YEAR REBUILD IF WERE LUCKY

I forgot about that!  People were saying that PSU could take 20 years to recover and others were saying they would NEVER recover.