What ...

33 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

@TGHusker, I follow The Chosen on youtube and I believe their are two big announcements tonight at 7 PM, CST.  I'm hopeful that with the completion of the filming of Season 2 done today or tomorrow that we get to start this season before May.  That is my hope.  

I continue to cycle through Season 1 probably every couple of months as it has really helped me to see Jesus and various aspects of my own personal relationship in different ways.

Catch this tonight at 7 PM ... 

Thanks - My wife and I went through season 1 again a couple of weeks ago.  It is done so well and has us 'begging' for more as it makes the gospel come alive in a way that it is both uplifting and challenging us to be more like Jesus.

4 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Yes, that first story about Lilith [who becomes Mary] and that scene where Jesus shows up and quotes Isaiah 43.  That was amazing.  We were gut-wrenched with Niko [Nicodemus] and his opportunity to know Jesus and become a disciple ... but his choice of keeping his title and position.  The other one that we just loved was the Samaritan woman at the well and that story about the "living water".  They did such a good job of showing how women and Samaritan's were looked down upon and how they couldn't worship God in Spirit and in Truth.  Geez, two other things were Jesus' care for Himself and those nightly prayers.  It was also special to see His interaction with the kids.  The guy they have playing Matthew and how they are portraying Him is awesome.  Just so, so much to be enjoyed.  I think we have cycled through the whole series 8-10 so far ... and we are learning and enjoying our Jesus so much and have great discussions.  For us ... it is much like re-reading a passage that is all too familiar ... but it feels like we are seeing a truth in a whole new light each reading/showing.  I hope the series makes it through to there intended goal ... as I think it will truly be a gift to the world.  It is already a real gift to me personally ... and they have just started.

The "life" of the gospel is just so amazing to me ... and with what I've seen so far I believe that this series will have more impact then even The Jesus Film did back in the 80's.  Those who have been in ministry oversees know the impact of that film and it's translation into so many languages.  Millions came to Christ through that one film.  I think the series is gonna be a treasure to those who take the time to digest.  Although I personally find Dallas Jenkins a bit odd and at times hard to listen too ... his heart and purpose are so beautiful.  

Can't wait for more here either.  Husker football might be dead and down right embarrassing ... but grateful to have a "new and living way" IN Christ and this wonderful portrayal of "The Chosen" ... that we are now a part of as His beloved.

I echo your thoughts.  Character development of each of the disciples is amazing also.  My wife and I, as you mentioned, love how Matthew is displayed and the very funny part where he gets out of character and sits on the roof with the kids watching Jesus heal the paralytic man let down through the roof.  He gets so engrossed that he forgets his fear of germs and eats out of the same bowl with the kids.  Yeah, the scene with Nicodemus watching Jesus and the disciples walk away and his inability to join just tugged at my heart as well.  The actor who plays Jesus does so very convincingly - full of compassion, grace but yet without the "Halo" so many films put on Jesus - he has fun and jokes at the wedding and makes jokes with Peter about Andrew's inability to dance.   The film does a good job highlighting the role of women as well.  Peter's wife is portrayed very well as a strong woman, strong in faith, character and purpose - the real backbone of the family.  I really like her and how they transformed Mary into the person she became. 

Interesting article from David French regarding the "Purity Culture" within the church.   I think he has some significant points.

The most important point is this:  "Sin doesn't define us, Christ does."   

https://frenchpress.thedispatch.com/p/why-the-atlanta-massacre-triggered

An older related post on the Purity Culture

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/07/whither-evangelical-purity-culture-thoughts-on-the-legacy-of-a-lost-pastor/

• Fire 1
  • NoLongerN changed the title to What ...