What ...

15 minutes ago, Decked said:

Why does this thread exist if it’s the same person posting over and over and over?

I'm starting to admire his efforts...Most people can't even water house plants with this much consistency.

Edit: he's not breaking any board rules as far as I know.  Let him post, and let people read if they want.  We all know what's here; if you're interested, follow along.  If not, oh well...

• Plus1 1

8 hours ago, Decked said:

Why does this thread exist if it’s the same person posting over and over and over?

It exists for believers, and ONLY believers, to discuss OP's version of Christianity. If you don't believe in Jesus, you're not welcome to post in this thread.

On 5/10/2020 at 9:00 AM, BigRedN said:

Moving forward, I decided I wanted to post from time to time the truth of Jesus' New Covenant that I believe many believers have missed [I am the first and the worst] ... leading to many getting caught in the religion and rules of those who have not clearly taught the message in Jesus' New Covenant.  I'm not making this thread or these posts to interact nor reach any one not in Christ.

I'd like to add an FYI, because this post is going to be seen within the "Politics" area, I'm expecting this post to be read and seen by many who will not have interest.  Sorry, I'm not trying to communicate or hint at anyone who is not interested in Jesus.  Again, it isn't my choice ... I'd prefer a separate area.  Thus, if you want me to interact with you, simply state that you are a believer and ask your question ... I'll give my two cents.  Other than that ... my guess is that I won't respond.  I'm not hear to ruffle any feathers and get into any debates.  I only want to encourage and exhort a believer who perhaps hasn't fully understood what Jesus mediated in His New Covenant [which has been and still can be an issue for me].

Seems like a weird thread to have in a message board whose purpose is discussion and interaction, but here we are. 

• Plus1 1

I can see it now. The Bible got it all wrong. Jesus didn't say "bring the little children unto me for of such is the kingdom of God". Rather, according to the OP, he must've said "bring only the little believer children unto me, the others can go kick rocks, for of such is the kingdom of God". And don't even get me started on evangelizing and spreading the good news, only believers are welcome here.

If Christians would practice what they preach, Christianity would be in much better shape.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/11/2020 at 10:24 AM, BigRedN said:

LIVING INSIDE OUT - David Moss

It is an extremely common thing in Christianity today for a believer to live “outside in”. 

What does that mean? 

Once a person receives Christ, they are usually told to begin living a certain way. In other words, they are told behavior modifications they must do or don’t do to represent to the world that they are now a Christian. 

It is basically a list of rules and regulations, do’s and dont’s to try to live up to. The basis is that the better they are at performing the list, the more “godly” they will become. 

To summarize- proper external behavior leads to more “godliness, righteousness, holiness, and sanctification” internally. 

That is living outside in. 

However, true Christian living is the opposite of that! All through the New Testament we are taught to live “inside out.”

Now, what does that mean? 

It means knowing who you are in your innermost being first, the core person that you are in our spirit. 

And who are we in our spirit? 

Our verse below says that our spirit (the core person that we truly are) is joined with the Holy Spirit of God. Spiritually, we are ONE Spirit with God in the same way a husband and wife become One flesh. 

Our human spirit joins together with the Holy Spirit of God. The two become one. 

Why does this matter?

Because it means that who we are is determined by the condition of our spirit, and since we are joined with His Spirit and are one with Him, our characteristics are the same as His!

And those characteristics are: we are righteous, we are holy, we are godly, we are already seated in heaven with Christ, we are light, we are truth, and many more! 

Knowing who we are matches with who Christ is in us allows us to trust our new heart that is joined with Christ so that we can be ourselves! We don’t have to try to perform to earn. We already are, so we can rest and have Christ live through us!

Knowing the truth of our union with Christ sets us free to live out who we are in Him. That’s living inside out. 

Paul’s verse below is contrasting a behavior (joining in one body with a prostitute) that doesn’t match with who we are as One in Spirit with His Spirit. 

Christ lives in us to live through us. Knowing this gives us the freedom to present our bodies to Him to live through us so that our behavior matches who He has made us in Him. 

Remember who you are Christian, and then go be yourself to the world around you. 

That’s living inside out!

FB_IMG_1597159423057.jpg

Per the bolded: It may be my Protestant upbringing, but no.  Just no.

This is my problem with the "modern" church.  The whole, you can do whatever you want as long as you mention Jesus' name is irresponsible.  If you are acting in love for your neighbor: fine.  If you are sacrificing for the greater good: fine.  If you are helping the less fortunate: fine.  If your "true self" is a "better self" we can agree.  But continuing to be a "sinful" self because it is "who you are" is ridiculous.

Yes, we all fall far short of our "perfect selves".  That's why Christians believe God gave us Jesus, to redeem our sinful nature.  But we have to claim it, and recognize it.  

My opinion, but I'll always believe God will side with the loving atheist that improved the lot of his community rather than a "christian" that sings really loud on Sunday with the band but continues to "be himself" the rest of the week.  It's really the only way I can have respect for Him.

• Plus1 2
  • NoLongerN changed the title to What ...