With all these screens...

The question is how much is the donation? I doubt they would do it with out making at least half of what they normall pull in. I would imagine the work force for game day is near 4000 employees of different agencys. Some one has to pay them. The vendors would have to have insurance for added days, and may balk at the added cost for a smaller crown. There are a lot of things to think about.

It would not be a sound financial base for the University or they would be doing it now.

I would guess the tickets would have to be near 30.00 apiece to get it done. Shortfalls would kill it quickly. In the bad weather games most would set at home and watch it on TV in front of the fireplace eat Turkey.

Great for the fans, but my guess a major bust for the University and City.

One thing we fail to understand is the game is no longer about the fans. It is about making money for the program to support other sports.

As we have seen they add seats and change prices to get the most bang for the buck. The fact that they are adding seats tells us they want more people there on game day. To make the profit greater. By adding seats and then opening up the stadium to less than capcity would hurt the cash flow unless most were willing to pay a price near game day averages.. I just do not see that happening. Most of our fans are the older generation that you guys are always bitching about. I doubt many of them will leave their homes to go to a televised game at the stadium.

I understand your desire and I think it is a great idea too. But financially I just do not see it happening. If it would make money the pro side of football would be doing it already. Iknow they do it for the Laker games during playoffs if the site is available. But comments last season was it did not make money and too much cost for clean up after the game. It does impact the stadium and surrounding areas.

I am all for it, but I just do not think it would end up in the black and that is all they are concerned about.

IT's a bummer that all sports have sunk to that level. It takes away from what the game should be about...the players. It would be great if they did this. They could charge what they do for the spring game, where they make a profit, and have a Sea of Red on an off night. I think they could do it, even with the money situation. They would turn some profit, but mayube not a huge profit.

Being that it would be closed circuit to one sight I think we could skate the TV rights, but who knows. Ask AR about that stuff. Calling AR.

It is a great idea, but I think the cost would be very prohibitive. Sure could be wrong though.

To be honest, I'm not sure of the answer as it would apply to "free" broadcasts. However, I suspect that there must be some kind of prohibition, or someone would have tried it by now.

If I had to guess, my guess would be that there is some aspect of the copyright the prohibits the broadcast purely for revenue generation. At a bar or similar venue, the revenue may be enhanced by having the broadcast, but it isn't the cause of the revenue, per se.

Again, just a guess on my part - I really have no idea (hey, it happens evey couple of decades...).