Fleck - Player Abuse

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Crazy story about the Minnesota program. I thought my opinion of Fleck couldn't get any lower. Interesting that the family wishes they could re-do it and play for Frost at Nebraska. Confirms what I believe about Coach Frost.

https://jasonstahl.substack.com/p/the-disappeared?utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web&utm_source=twitter

I disliked Fleck mainly because of his craziness, but this hurt me reading this. I can't believe something like this would happen. As someone who wouldn't be against his kids playing college football, I'm not sure I could keep quiet about something like this happening.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, hskrfan4life said:

I disliked Fleck mainly because of his craziness, but this hurt me reading this. I can't believe something like this would happen. As someone who wouldn't be against his kids playing college football, I'm not sure I could keep quiet about something like this happening.

As someone who played CFB (albeit at a much lower level) it is extremely sad to read about. Our coaching staff was very open doors, very loving, the entire coaching staff were like an extension of our parents - even with a situation like that, the transition from HS to College Football was extremely difficult. New playbook, Fall camp was sun up to sundown football, new campus, new people, higher level of competition, harder classes, etc. I can't imagine all that + coaches that were treating you like garbage. The players sleeping in the football facility was disturbing. After football from 7A-7P I needed a couple hours of totinos pizza and Halo with my roommates to reset my brain, I would have been a wreck if I was living at the football facility. I would of noped out of that situation without a second thought. 

• Plus1 2