To be honest, it does not bother me that they did not go. It was a double edged sword...don't go and all of the armchair coaches jump all over Frost and say the culture sucks, blah, blah, blah. They go with guys not in mentally, physically, emotionally and the armchair coaches jump all over Frost and say the culture sucks, blah, blah, blah. The coaches took a poll and the team decided...that is that, end of story!

I feel many programs/athletes wanted to be done with the craziness of COVID and not being able to see family/get out of town. They finished with W against a conference opponent.

11 hours ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

The kids were also polled the day after getting in at 3 a.m. from New Jersey and were obviously still recovering from the day before. I get that it was time sensitive and running up against the holiday break, but I feel like the answer could have been different just a week later.  

I do think there is something to that.  Plus knowing it was going to be a quick turn-around.  If it was going to be 4-5 weeks before the game I think the answers could have been different as well.  7-10 days is pretty quick, especially with everything else going on.

• Plus1 1

I am glad to hear that a majority of the team wanted to play.  This helps contradict any of the "kids want the dumpster fire to end" theory.  That is if SF is being completely honest or if he is doing damage control.   The idea of some voting "no" is also understandable.  I agree that if he would have given them a few days, the mood may have changed, but time was an issue.  It also may have changed for the worse too.  They voted after a win, which this season, any win was a "good win".  They were excited.  Given another day, the "feel good" diminishes a bit and they realize that they are free to go home for the first time since March.  I know that it was only an extra 10 days or so, but those are a big 10 days if you have been separated from loved ones, especially during a pandemic.

Once again, glad to hear most wanted to play.