TEAM USA

Anyone watch team USA and coach K rip Puerto Rico in half last night. It is good to see the team get a little swagger back after being embarrased the last couple of years. The team started out slow, but during the second Q the picked it up to get a lead. The continued to pour it on in the third and coased in the 4th. Puerto Rico gave up in the third Q. Some players that impressed me were Melo, Joe Johnson, and Dwight Howard. Shane Battier and Gilbert Arenas made some great hustle plays. It is fun to watch these Pro players give their body up for the team every once in a while. It is a rare occurance. Coach K has them playing a swarming defense. They got burnt a few times, but produced many turnovers also. They still need to find a shooter to sit back and nail the 3-ball when teams are sitting in the zone. Heinrich just didn't get it done last night behind the line.

Anyone watch, any opinions.

I watched a little bit at the bar. They did cause a LOT of turnovers that led to wide-open dunks or easy shots. They were just toying with them in the second half. I thought it was funny because PR beat us a couple years ago. At least I think that's what my friend told me.

In the second half on a fast break, they should have worked on their shooting instead of dunks. Maybe a fast break 3 pointer, as it is done at Duke with their great players. Their shooting needs practice.

Definitely, USA basketball has declined due to lack of fundamentals. Everyone wants to run and dunk. They need to find a great shooter or two that will light it up. The US was bad the first half from behind the arch, but they picked it up the second half when they got on a roll. Still they will need to shoot the 3 when playing good teams. Their defense looked lazy at times too. They would play hard, but they would never move their feet, just reach for the ball. Guys like LeBron, Melo, DWade, don't play defense except when it is absolutely necessary. These guys are some of the best athletes in the world and these lowly players from PR were driving to the basket all day.

I think the team would do much better without Kobe. He is the reason he won't win anymore championships. He is a selfish player all about "me". I just assume leave him at home and get guys that want to play together.

Please...lets not go over Kobe again. Let's face it, we all have our opinions and most say he is selfish...blah blah blah. Thats one way to look at it. I hope this doesn't turn out to be another Kobe thread.