Tangent Thread - Alpha/Beta Edition

10 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Went to Sea World Texas recently with kids- they have a 300 lb weight limit for some of the water slides. Signs are all over the place. They have scale you have to get on. Couldn't believe all the big gals who had to walk back down because they weighed over 300- most with big smile- grins walking past all the lines and their men walking right behind. WITDH?

How many big gals did you see have to walk back down? 2? 16? How many women were there total did you count them all? Curious if the math holds up, or if Texas is better or worse or the same as Nebraska in terms of ugly gross female fatties per capita.

33 minutes ago, Lorewarn said:

How many big gals did you see have to walk back down? 2? 16? How many women were there total did you count them all? Curious if the math holds up, or if Texas is better or worse or the same as Nebraska in terms of ugly gross female fatties per capita.

It does depend a bit on where you go. We were in San Antonio- which is much different than many Texas cities, but one of my favorites, heavy women excluded. There were just 3 that had to make the walk of shame, and there were maybe 50-60 in line the time we rode the water tube ride with the weight limit. Not a fair comparison though- as it was 300 lbs AND there were several prominent signs saying they would not allow 300 lbers up to ride. 

There were plenty of big gals, but one would hope they would self exclude due to the swimsuit situation. Having lived in Texas and traveled it extensively they have a slimmer populace than we do- but not by much at Sea World. Go to New Braunfels- 40 miles away and tube the river-Or Mustang Island 2-3  hours away totally different deal- mostly slim. 

56 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

It does depend a bit on where you go. We were in San Antonio- which is much different than many Texas cities, but one of my favorites, heavy women excluded. There were just 3 that had to make the walk of shame, and there were maybe 50-60 in line the time we rode the water tube ride with the weight limit. Not a fair comparison though- as it was 300 lbs AND there were several prominent signs saying they would not allow 300 lbers up to ride. 

There were plenty of big gals, but one would hope they would self exclude due to the swimsuit situation. Having lived in Texas and traveled it extensively they have a slimmer populace than we do- but not by much at Sea World. Go to New Braunfels- 40 miles away and tube the river-Or Mustang Island 2-3  hours away totally different deal- mostly slim. 

So scientifically speaking, if we take the 3 nasty fatties who had to walk back down, and guess that at least half that didn't even try because they saw the signs, then that means that the population of San Antonio is 7.5-9% female whale betas.

So if we graph this out Nebraska has a 51-52.5% higher morbid obesity index than San Antonio, Texas does.

17 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

So scientifically speaking, if we take the 3 nasty fatties who had to walk back down, and guess that at least half that didn't even try because they saw the signs, then that means that the population of San Antonio is 7.5-9% female whale betas.

So if we graph this out Nebraska has a 51-52.5% higher morbid obesity index than San Antonio, Texas does.

Not sure if we can really make those type of extrapolations. The limit was 300 lbs for the ride, the event I was only counting those above 200 lbs. Not all were "nasty fatties" one gal if she would have lost 150 lbs- half of herself- she would have been reasonably attractive once she had all the loose skin removed. 

Also it was Sea World- they have whales at Sea World, the ultra large may identify with or even as a whale these days. So I don't think we can make those kind of broad conclusions. I didnt see anyone trying to use the whale bathrooms though which was a surprise.  Never the less I did see several people that were easily over 500 lbs- both male and female.

The eyeball test did however tell me that SA Sea World was about as bad as Eastern Nebraska. Once outside Sea World- Texas pulled ahead of our local gals though.

At the end of the day- Americans are WAY TOO BIG- especially in the Midwest. Im so thankful for the beta guys and country line dancing for occupying these gals time.