The Great Wide Open

It is very possible. They have talent, play in less physical league and only have to win certain games to get credibility.

They had a first round draft choice Qb a couple of years back, and very easily could have beaten anyone in the country on a given day.

They are a very proud program and are gaining confidence every year. Most felt after Urban left they would fold. It has not happened.

Give some credit where it is due..

He also listed Clemson, South Carolina, and Georgia Tech, man that's some serious reaching.

:yeah South Carolina has no shot at the NC. They have no playmakers and their QB isn't even that good.

I don't know if I would say that they have no playmakers. Sidney Rice caught 70 passes and 13 touchdowns as a redshirt freshman in a new system. If they find someone to compliment him on the other side then he could be even a bigger playmaker.

But you gotta reach. When one of those sixteen teams makes it to the NC, he wants to be the one that says, "You heard it here first!" This is all just wild speculation anyway. Who knows what unknown team will pull off a fairytale season?

I hate to say this, but we're kinda a reach, too... :wacko:

it is nice to be spoken of in this context, when recently we were not even a threat to win the North Division in some peoples eyes

As recently as last year. Last year at this time we were worrying about WR depth and the D. Imagine those questions now. We are loaded at WR, and our D could be one of the best in the country if Andre Jones can step up and make big plays. :restore