Grix knows he must step up

QUOTE (gamecocks @ Aug 12 2006, 11:56 AM)

Its good to hear that they are ready to step up, but I hope that they are not putting too much pressure on themselves. They need to relax and just do their job. 

relax, cover their assignments, and be where they are supposed to be and everything will be ok

:yeah Exactly I'm sure everything will be okay and these guys will step up and fill any holes that come up!!! I have faith in them!!! :thumbs

Hate it that we lost our shut-down corner though. Man that is a HUGE blow to our secondary. Hopefully Grix will step up.

While I agree that it's a huge blow, remember that the front seven will have a real impact on how well the back four play. A defensive back's best friend is a front seven that can pressure the quarterback.

I just have a feeling that our front seven will be able to consistently pressure the quarterback for any team we have on the schedule.

Hate it that we lost our shut-down corner though. Man that is a HUGE blow to our secondary. Hopefully Grix will step up.

While I agree that it's a huge blow, remember that the front seven will have a real impact on how well the back four play. A defensive back's best friend is a front seven that can pressure the quarterback.

I just have a feeling that our front seven will be able to consistently pressure the quarterback for any team we have on the schedule.

I agree!!! I think having Carriker and company pressuring the QB will obviously make an inexperienced QB like Freeman of KSU make bad decisions and throw the ball up for INT's!!!! If he can get off his back long enough!!!! :lol: