USC game

dbetz23

Hasn't Carroll always been known as a guy with a great defensive mind. Just so happens he's had some great talent and great offenses in recent history. You could kind of see that last year. ALL the horses were on offense but the defense really didn't have great talent. Good schemes but not great talent. Maybe I'm wrong.

In the past 4 seasons, when we were only beating teams by 10 points that we were in the past creaming by 50-60, I always hear people saying that we were "holding out" for our tough non-conference opponent. I think that is such BS. We need to get back to the days of putting in the second string by third quarter, especially vs. teams like Maine... :wtf

Looking at one of their boards, it appears they are having quite a few injuries.  Supposedly down to only two scholarship CB's that have experience.  Running backs are falling too.

I think Arkansas is a better preperation game than either of ours, plus they will get to see both of our games and have a week to practice for us.  They will be ready.  I give them the advantage, unless BC keeps everything very vanilla the first two game.  I kinda doubt that will happen though.  He is pretty upfront, show me what ya got I'll show you mine.

There is one potential advantage, though. While they creamed Arkansas 70-17, they kept saying that Arkansas was "very physical". While it may not show on the scoreboard, Arkansas front seven should be improved. With an inexperienced offensive backfield, there is a decent chance they could come out of the Arkansas game banged up - and with a quarterback that has his confidence shaken.

Arkansas has some speed on defense this year, and their defensive coordinator, Reggie Herring, loves to blitz.

Keep in mind they have an off week before they play us.

Yea I mentioned that and the fact that I don't think BC will hold back.

I look for a very good game, down to the wire. That is all I want. To see the improvement to play with one of the best teams in the country and to be competitive with one of the best coaching staffs in the country. If we are we have come a very long ways in a very short time. I know not quick enough for some of you.

If we should happen to win this game. It will be one of the best coaching jobs done in college football. When Frank left we were not competitive with any top 20 team in the country, talent or coaching wise.

If we should happen to win this game. It will be one of the best coaching jobs done in college football. When Frank left we were not competitive with any top 20 team in the country, talent or coaching wise.

I am excited to see Callahan's game plan for the game. As much as the players and/or coaches want to admit it, USC is in their minds. When Woody Hayes was the coach at Ohio State, at the end of every practice he prepared for Michigan. I think right now Callahan is game-planning for the SC game, just because the opponents are so weak in front of them, that the team should dominate by talent alone. I think Callahan is looking at film right now getting ready for the team, not a whole lot, but a little bit. The SC players don't think much of the Huskers, and this will bite them in the butt. Our players will be so jacked up for the game, even with it being the home opener for SC, and come out fired up. Should be a great game, and can't wait to see it. :restore:restore:restore

Trust me Pete Carrol knows what is headed there. The team knows what is coming. They know this will be the toughest game they have all year. Do not under estimate Pete Carrol. He got a week off just for this game. WE are not sneaking up on anyone. Most of their real fans are very worried about this game, and now with all the injuries they are having they are more concerned.

We will be ready and so will they. Just the way I want it. I want to see a great game. And I don't want any excuses if we win.

Trust me Pete Carrol knows what is headed there. The team knows what is coming. They know this will be the toughest game they have all year. Do not under estimate Pete Carrol. He got a week off just for this game. WE are not sneaking up on anyone. Most of their real fans are very worried about this game, and now with all the injuries they are having they are more concerned.

We will be ready and so will they. Just the way I want it. I want to see a great game. And I don't want any excuses if we win.

I could not agree more, maybe other than the fact that thier faithful are worried about NU. I think the majority of thier fan base thinks this will be an easy win, hell, most of the country will think this, I know they do here in Oklahoma. What will change if USC goes to Arkansas and lays the wood to them again?

But as much as the SC players say in front of the cameras, yeah the Huskers will be tough, and we better come prepared, I still don't think that this team thinks much of us. We have gone 13-10 in the last two years, not something to shout about, and have had trouble on the road for the last few years. As much as we want to think that they will treat us like they will Notre Dame, they won't. They will be overlooking us just enough, for us to really be able to do something in this game.

:yeah This is going to be a true test as to where we are at. I believe we have a shot at shocking the football world with this game and it could put us back in the spotlight. Sieze the moment Huskers it could launce us back to where we belong.

GBR

Trust me Pete Carrol knows what is headed there.  The team knows what is coming.  They know this will be the toughest game they have all year.  Do not under estimate Pete Carrol.  He got a week off just for this game.  WE are not sneaking up on anyone.  Most of their real fans are very worried about this game, and now with all the injuries they are having they are more concerned. 

We will be ready and so will they.  Just the way I want it.  I want to see a great game.  And I don't want any excuses if we win.

:yeah This is going to be a true test as to where we are at. I believe we have a shot at shocking the football world with this game and it could put us back in the spotlight. Sieze the moment Huskers it could launce us back to where we belong.

GBR

Even if we beat USC the writers will blame it on USC having a down year! Remember Michigan! They were saying we were going to lose to them, well when we did beat them, they then quickly changed their tunes saying it was a down year for Michigan! :restore