42 POINTS!?!!?

so...some dude on the radio today(b sports 590), said that the key to the huskers beating the trojans is to score at least 42 points. i can't remember his name but he's filling in for the regular host of "the big show". seriously...i question our chances in this game...but there is absolutely no way usc is going to drop 40 points on us. he went on to list how many points usc scored in each of their games last year...44, 78, 92, 66,..blahblahblah ect. question marks about the secondary aside....the black shirts will be amazing this year. better than ANY pac10 defense usc faced last year, and this year there will be no bush and co. for the trojans to count on. im saying if we can put up somewhere in between 24 and 34 this one is ours....but that remains to be seen. your thoughts?

With our DB's, it's certianly possible.

I listened to this program too and it puzzled me until I was listening to 590 again last night and the same guy (Matt Seigel) explained that he attended...DUN. DUN DUN :o The University of Southern California :o So in the end, he's just another homer. The guy that normally hosts that show (Matt Perault) is pretty unbiased, I'd like to hear what he might say about the 42 point prediction.

This game will NOT be a defensive struggle. My understanding is that their offensive line is top notch. USC WILL put up big points this year. Our game with the could turn into a horse race real easy. The offensive is going to need to be clicking big time on their home field for us to have a chance.

This game will NOT be a defensive struggle. My understanding is that their offensive line is top notch. USC WILL put up big points this year. Our game with the could turn into a horse race real easy. The offensive is going to need to be clicking big time on their home field for us to have a chance.

While USC has some significant returning talent at the tackle positions, they did lose three starters off the line. Granted, one of the "new" guys will be a player that was starting in the last 4 games in the 2004 season (he was injured for 2005), but that's still three players that have to mesh and jell with the tackles.

I think the one thing that will make it a defensive struggle is the inexperience across the board. Their qb, though highly rated out of high school, hasn't done much yet, and hasn't seen a D like this. Their tailback will be young, though talented, but yet again, hasn't seen a D like this. I don't think the leaders on the D will let them score at will. They want to prove something.

I'm tired of people siting Mat Linert as a sophmore who stepped in and won and then saying Booty can do the same. Yes, Linert stepped in and won, with Mike Williams (NFL), Reggie Bush (NFL), Dwaine Jarrett and Lindale White (NFL) all surrounding him. Eventhough Linert was inexperienced, he had an experienced cast of weapons around him, now three of those four weapons are gone. They won't have the same offensive firepower that they had last year or the year before. Oh, they'll be good, but not like last year. 42 points, last year at this time hell yes, this year no way...more like 28. Sorry just needed to get that out.

USC averaged over 49 points a game last year. I know they lost some talented players however, they have a ton of talent left. Plus their strongest area matches up against one of our weakest areas (wrs v. dbs). I don't think we will give up 49 points but I do know that we will probally give up quite a few. We might be in for a shoot out in L.A.

:wtf I'm going to try not to worry what Joe Blow predicts. Who cares what some substitute radio "expert" says???

Just cheer the skers on and see what happens!! :horns2

Well if everyone only cheers and waits for things to happen, then there really isn't a point to having a board where you can discuss Joe Schmo pedictions and oppenents fans comments. Right??

What really makes me sick about the whole thing is John David Booty is already on pretty much every college football analysts preseason heisman watch list....What the hell is that? The dude threw for 327 yards with 26 completions out of 42 attempts with 3 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. THat's a great prediction for a heisman season. What? Just cause he is the heir apparent to the USC QB dynasty.... :hmmm

27-20 Nebraska, mark my words, or at least highlight em or something....we will prevail.

:horns2:restore:horns2