doubters

how is that people that bash this team will readily point out the "facts" that we beat colorado and michigan teams that had given up, and were one of the worse michigan teams in a while, but forget to point out that michigan is highly ranked in the preseason?

why do they point out that we were "lucky" to beat "poor" iowa state and k-state teams, but forget that we got unlucky when we lost to very good t-tech and ok teams??

clearly anyone thats points out the 1st point of either item, and not the second is either jaded, or stupid.

Clearly we are Husker fans :)

And they are not. That's all, really. You can put any sort of spin on any situation for any team in the country. Of course we are having the best preseason ever, and we're going to be undefeated. No one understands us! The team is really starting to gel, like never before. We have a huge influx of bounding talent. There's just a new vibe about this team. Not like last year, or the year before, or the year before that...

I get the point that our views are swayed also, but I think our new friend here is saying that all the excuses that these sports "geniuses" are making for our wins last year seem to have disappeared when the discussion of this year takes place. It's almost as if these teams all got better during the course of last season (when they really sucked) and during the off-season, but alas, the poor Huskers did not. This is the same feelings I am having about this year's preseason hype (see thread dubbed Altitude Sports).

I think people will be real surprised when they see us this year. I was thinking about the SC game last night, and I really think Kenny Wilson is going to bust some big runs. He has great speed, size, and strength. I think that game is going to be the coming out party for our team. Until then though, don't expect any respect from the national media.

Clearly we are Husker fans

And they are not. That's all, really. You can put any sort of spin on any situation for any team in the country. Of course we are having the best preseason ever, and we're going to be undefeated. No one understands us! The team is really starting to gel, like never before. We have a huge influx of bounding talent. There's just a new vibe about this team. Not like last year, or the year before, or the year before that...

While we are clearly seeing the glass as being half full, It just strikes me as strange the so many people that would be be anti-nebraska. If you look at my post I pointed out BOTH the positive and the negative. now if a life long Husker fan who had several of his close friends play for NU can see this, why can't they? I guess I should be happy that so many people are so oblivious to our potential.

Good.... I dont want respect. I want every single warrior heading into that stadium next Saturday to see Mark May's flabbing jaw talking about how we have no chance against USC and Texas, or to see a vision of a certain Kansas City reporter who posted a top twenty five that included Michigan, but not us. You arent given respect, you take it, and I want our guys to know that.

Good.... I dont want respect. I want every single warrior heading into that stadium next Saturday to see Mark May's flabbing jaw talking about how we have no chance against USC and Texas, or to see a vision of a certain Kansas City reporter who posted a top twenty five that included Michigan, but not us. You arent given respect, you take it, and I want our guys to know that.

:thumbs Great post.