Anyone else know he ended up here?!?!?

The membership of the North Carolina chapter of discarded Nebraska Quarterbacks grew to four.  :flush

Old faded memory but we're talking about Beck, Daily, Dukes.......I'm missing one.

Hey has anyone heard how any of these guys are panning out for their new teams?

Umm..no...cuz they suck...otherwise they might matter in this world.

The membership of the North Carolina chapter of discarded Nebraska Quarterbacks grew to four.  :flush

Old faded memory but we're talking about Beck, Daily, Dukes.......I'm missing one.

Hey has anyone heard how any of these guys are panning out for their new teams?

Dailey is still playing, but I couldn't find Dukes anywhere on a depth chart.....

The membership of the North Carolina chapter of discarded Nebraska Quarterbacks grew to four. 

Doesn't that strike anyone as odd? I mean what are the odds that almost every QB that bolted from NU over the last four - five years would end up at one school?

They didn't all go to the same school, just the same state. Dailey is playing for the tar heels, Dukes went to Duke (I believe), and I think Beck and Goodman both went to NC State. I could be wrong about goodman though, I don't really remember much about him.

I honestly hope for the best for him. His mom burned him, and had she not commented to the media he would still likely be a Husker. If you take a moment and put yourself in his shoes, he was basically promised the world as THE GUY that was going to put BC's offense on the map. He then manned up and didn't have a problem with Taylor coming here (probably assuming he could surely beat out a 3 :star JUCO. Then when Taylor masters the offense, takes over, and fans start falling head over heels for him and not Beck, the frustration begins to mount. Add in a big-time frizzled head from Missouri that commits, and top that off with burning the redshirt only to end the season 1-10 passing and nearly costing the team a sure win. He is then injured in the spring and the fans and media are all over him, wondering if he's ever going to pan out. He arrives at fall camp thinking he's got a sure slot at #2 but comes in on a Saturday to see himself listed as #4 behind 2 other guys he's definitely more talented than. So he loses his cool for a few minutes and goes for a drive, probably spouts off to mom while he's crying in the car, and she goes and tells some news guy that Taylor is no Brady Quinn or Matt Leinert and her boy should be the starter.

The point is, he went from being everybody's All-American as a freshman to a bust, and it seems like everyone (fans/media...coaching staff?) felt that way. I am more sympathetic to him than Joe Dailey because Beck knew he wasn't going to play anywhere else besides QB. The bad thing is, he should have just competed and won the job instead of thinking it should have been handed to him. But, I guess that's the ignorance of youth.