Street Novelist

SIGNED DT Kevin Williams

It would be great to lock him up with Quincy Russel or Isiah Norton. Then pick up Rasco and Chickilo, Wynn, Scarlett, Reed, Grimble (any of those two really). Think of that d-line in a couple years. Baby Stein, Rome, Ankrah, Meredith, and any of those 4 as back ups. That would lead to even more d-line recruiting success. Forget Linebacker U and running back U we will be D-line U, pump out 2-3 NFL calliber talents each year, Ill take it.

Plus this post is to put me over the 100 mark, I just thought I should put something with some substance rather than a worthless post.

Sorry bro, I already copyrighted that one!

Kevin Williams will be announcing this afternoon sometime between 2pm and 4pm not central time but another time zone towards the atlantic.

read it on a pay site so i thought i would put the information in code in stead of word for word, and if you cant figure it out, then you dont need to know anyway. :corndance

Kevin Williams will be announcing this afternoon sometime between 2pm and 4pm not central time but another time zone towards the atlantic.

read it on a pay site so i thought i would put the information in code in stead of word for word, and if you cant figure it out, then you dont need to know anyway. :corndance

+1 :thumbs

So is that like Eastern Standard Time? :sarcasm JJ!

Im really excited about this announcement! GBR!

You know what's cool is the other day someone here (skerchicago?) mentioned that Williams and Jamal Turner were gonna hang out after the game was over the other day. The one thing they have in common is that Nebraska was their very first offer.

i know many people aren't interested in ratings, but does anyone know what he is projected at? from what i read from posters and from his videos i would guess he is a 5.7 3 star. thoughts?

Easily a 4 star... maybe 5

i know many people aren't interested in ratings, but does anyone know what he is projected at? from what i read from posters and from his videos i would guess he is a 5.7 3 star. thoughts?

Tha Ringer projects him as a 4* and ranks him the 14th best overall prospect in the state of Ohio.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's initially a 3* but I would bet that he'll eventually get that 4th star once his football season ends, if not sooner. On the other hand, I also wouldn't be surprised if he starts out a 4* either. Just have to wait and see.

Maybe his commitment to NU will boost his rating since they know that Pelini sees something in him enough to offer him, plus knowing that Pelini is a guru with DL talent (Suh, Dorsey) and can make him a 5* caliber player when his college career is over.

Completely agree about KW being a 4star guy. I bet he comes in at 5.8 from rivals and will mostly likely stay there.

You can't ask for a better start to the 2011 class. I'm very high on all 6 of these kids. Well done JP, Bo and company!

This is a huge pick up. It makes the other DTs seats a bit more hotter as well.

Summary of Rival's article:

The biggest reason he chose Nebraska is because his family loved it! Also how the Pelini's developed Ndomukong Suh into a beast. His coach personally knows Bo and said that Nebraska would be a great fit for him. The main thing that grabbed my attention is Kevin's visiting with Jamal Turner. He told Kevin that if he committed, a lot of other top players would soon follow. Pretty interesting... :koolaid2:

The biggest reason he chose Nebraska is because his family loved it! Also how the Pelini's developed Ndomukong Suh into a beast. His coach personally knows Bo and said that Nebraska would be a great fit for him. The main thing that grabbed my attention is Kevin's visiting with Jamal Turner. He told Kevin that if he committed, a lot of other top players would soon follow. Pretty interesting... :koolaid2:

Isn't it funny how Kevin's coach has a son that plays football for Nick Saban? He could've very easily influenced him to look at Alabama but instead reached out to his old childhood buddy, Bo and nudged him towards NU.

this class is shaping up to be on of the best in the counrtry..... and i think the domino affect will strt to happen now.... grimble might be the nxt one?

NICE!!!

Hope this K-Will is as explosive as the K-will on my favorite NFL team

Welcome K. Will! This class is making me so excited for football season! NCAA is definately being played tonight! :corndance

I love not checking the board for an hour or two and coming back to see great news! :w00t

I would agree that this puts pressure on other DT's and even the ends. They could get caught up in it and go. I hope we pick up Grimble next so that puts pressure on ends.

Isn't it funny how Kevin's coach has a son that plays football for Nick Saban? He could've very easily influenced him to look at Alabama but instead reached out to his old childhood buddy, Bo and nudged him towards NU.

Did Bama recruit KW? I didn't see an offer on his Rivals offer list.

alright for KW for committing... pretty much the worst kept secret in recruiting....

i am more interested in what JT had to say about it opening up the flood gates........ not sure what it means but i think we'll be picking up somemore recruits ina few days or so... nothing for sure... just a hunch

but right on to KW!!!!

No, but my point was, the coach didn't try to push him towards Bama. He could've easily said, "hey Nick, this is Coach Marrow, my son plays for you, I have a kid up here. . . ."

NICE!!!

Hope this K-Will is as explosive as the K-will on my favorite NFL team

Welcome K. Will! This class is making me so excited for football season! NCAA is definately being played tonight! :corndance

I just booted up my NCAA too! This is sweet news! I know it was expected, but I was giddy all day waiting for his announcement.

No, but my point was, the coach didn't try to push him towards Bama. He could've easily said, "hey Nick, this is Coach Marrow, my son plays for you, I have a kid up here. . . ."

Gotcha. :thumbs

alright for KW for committing... pretty much the worst kept secret in recruiting....

i am more interested in what JT had to say about it opening up the flood gates........ not sure what it means but i think we'll be picking up somemore recruits ina few days or so... nothing for sure... just a hunch

but right on to KW!!!!

Good point but who knows hopefully we get some good quality players out of it. 77000+ doesnt hurt our recruiting efforts

Spring game atmosphere sways DT toward NU

The sixth member of Nebraska's 2011 recruiting class might be the first of several high schoolers who left last weekend's spring game with a decision to announce.

Defensive tackle Kevin Williams can't exactly detail the feeling he had when he saw 77,963 fans packed in Memorial Stadium for Saturday's Red-White game. Williams knew, though, that Nebraska was where he wanted to be.

“It was amazing, an awesome experience,” Williams said Monday. “I wouldn't be able to describe it all to you – just the whole package. Everything was there.”

Williams was one of about 70 recruits in Lincoln last weekend - though many of those players either were already signed or didn't have an NU scholarship offer yet.

Regardless, Williams is the first post-spring-game commitment for Nebraska and the first 2011 recruit expected to play on the defensive side.

The 6-foot-2, 275-pound defensive tackle joins four offensive linemen and a quarterback in the 2011 class.

Williams, from Holland, Ohio, plays for coach Vince Marrow at Springfield High School. Marrow is from Youngstown, Ohio, the same hometown of NU coach Bo Pelini.

Williams said he was also considering Michigan, Michigan State and Wisconsin.

The texts between the two Husker commits kept coming.

When defensive tackle Kevin Williams made it known on Monday that he was committing to Nebraska, a text from his newest friend immediately followed.

Quarterback Jamal Turner, another commit in Nebraska’s 2011 class, hung out with Williams in Lincoln on Saturday night.

And now Turner wanted Williams to know he had made a wise decision.

Said Williams: “He told me, ‘Welcome to the family. Now we can get to business and bring home this national championship when we go.’”

Williams and Turner even hatched the plan to make their official visits to Lincoln together in the fall. The game they’ll come see? Texas, of course.

The 6-foot-2, 275-pound Williams became Nebraska’s sixth commitment, but the first from the defensive side of the ball.

The Holland, Ohio, native joins Turner and four offensive linemen.

Williams was one of more than a dozen key recruits to visit Memorial Stadium on Saturday for Nebraska’s Red-White game.

More than 77,000 people to see a practice.

“It blew me away,” Williams said. “Just the overall package, everything was there for me. It was the perfect trip.”

Williams had offers from Boston College, Wisconsin, Stanford, Michigan State, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois and Bowling Green.

No one connected to him like the Husker coaches, he said.

Even a month before his commitment, Williams told the Journal Star: “I can just call one of the coaches and just talk to them about how my day went, almost like my dad.”

John Papuchis was Nebraska’s lead recruiter of Williams.

“He’s a good person. He can relate,” Williams said. “I feel like I can talk to him about problems that may go on in life or anything. Just somebody I want to sit down and talk to.”

Williams said he is trying to mold his game after former Husker defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, who the recruit watched with a close eye most of last season.

It’s been working for him. As a junior, Williams accumulated 157 tackles, 15 tackles for loss and 15 sacks.

The recruit didn’t get the chance to meet Suh on Saturday but plans to at some point.

“Honestly, I look up to that guy. I really do,” Williams said. “Everything he’s done up to this point is what I’m trying to do. I’m trying to pattern his game. I’m trying to pattern his work ethic. I have a lot of respect for that guy. Hopefully I can be his protege.”

LINK