SIGNED DT Kevin Williams

I see us taking two no more than three. If all four want aboard we might take them because scholarships are not tight this year in the least bit.

so...you're predicting 2, 3 and 4. :LOLtartar

if we get our top choices, i could see us taking three. awfully hard to turn away top players at the single hardest position to recruit well.

four is stretching it though, unless one of them has the possibility of playing DE or OL. can't see us getting four top DT's though, even if we wanted to.

Agreed. Getting all four will be tough. Todd Peat has actually stated that Stanford is his leader right now.

We graduate what, one starting D-lineman this year? Allen? I don't know what the staff has for total numbers this year.

yes, but you don't recruit to fill holes from graduating seniors, you recruit to fill out your roster for future years.

Latest from Husker Journal:

APRIL 15 2010. MESSAGE BOARDS

KEVIN WILLIAMS, DT, 6-3, 275, 4.9, HOLLAND (SPRINGFIELD), OHIO

Catch A Little Football Husker Style

“I definitely like Nebraska’s coaching staff and I kind of like to meet with them, get to know how they are in person when I go to their spring game. I like Nebraska’s program too, the defense how they run things I like to see that in person catch a little action.” Williams said

“I’m looking forward for the spring game I heard they have tremendous amount of people and support. They (Nebraska) have great tradition everything is football there because it’s the main thing there they have no pro team, I can’t wait to see that.” Williams said

Suh Influence

“It was one of my biggest factors of my decision. Look at Coach Bo Pelini how many defensive players he sent into the league. By far it’s a no brainer not to be developed by him and be coached by him too. He knows what he is doing.” Williams said

“I talk to him (NU assistant-John Papuchis) once or twice a week he’s definitely a cool guy, down to earth and he knows what he’s talking about (football) and relate to what’s going on in my life. So he’s seems like a nice guy I can’t wait to see him.” Williams said

Huskers Too Far?

“I wouldn’t mind going to Nebraska. I would like to be kind of close but my parents have enough money make it to my games it wouldn’t be a problem. Some kids’ parents may not get in a car and drive 12 hours or make a flight because of finances, so it’s a good thing for us.” Williams said

“She About Cried”

“Nebraska was my first offer it was exciting getting that first one. Bo contacted my football coach at night two days before Christmas, he actually grew up with Bo back in Youngstown, so my coach called Bo back and he (Bo) told him about my offer. My coach came over the next morning and told me I had an offer from Nebraska, so I gave Coach Bo a call and I’ve kept in touch with him since. When I told my mom about my offer she about cried.” Williams said

Visits Big 10 Schools

“I just got back from Michigan State the day before that I got back from Wisconsin. I’ve been to Michigan, Ohio State and I’m going to Illinois too.” Williams said

“Michigan State was really nice we were with Coach Dantonio the whole time, getting in on some practice close and in person.” Williams said

“I learned some defensive techniques at Michigan State like splitting double team; reach blocks, a bunch of little things that can improve my game that you have to master in order to be successful.” Williams said

“Wisconsin was really nice it was a great college town, great college atmosphere it was definitely real nice. I felt very comfortable at Madison.

“I really liked Michigan it was nice there they have great facilities. Coach Rodriguez is a real cool guy. Michigan has a real great program I could see myself going there and compete in a couple of years.” Williams said

Williams said he is going to Illinois spring game April 24 and about two weeks later he will commit.

If those were true quotes, and I'm guessing they were - I'm slightly worried about him being able to qualify academically. I've heard small children form sentences better than that. Maybe the author just did a piss-poor job of translating from tape.

Terrell Pryor is in college.

If that's not enough to comfort you, go listen to his interview about Mick Vick and it will make the dumbest person you know seem like a Rhodes Scholar

If those were true quotes, and I'm guessing they were - I'm slightly worried about him being able to qualify academically. I've heard small children form sentences better than that. Maybe the author just did a piss-poor job of translating from tape.

Or maybe he just doesn't speak well when interviewed.

According to rivals his GPA is a 3.3... which means he's getting his business done in the classroom. It sounds like his family and him are really close as well, which means he has the support at home to succeed... a lot of players are not as fortunate to have that support from home.

If that's not enough to comfort you, go listen to his interview about Mick Vick and it will make the dumbest person you know seem like a Rhodes Scholar

VERY TRUE

TP was just telling it like it is. Like you don't kill people?!

TP was just telling it like it is. Like you don't kill people?!

Not saying I don't, or that he was wrong lol

He just didn't express it very eloquently.