Spring Game Visitor List

If Quincy Russell and Todd Peat make it up... that would be awesome.

Question: can anyone find a list of last years spring game visitors? it would be interesting to compare the number of and quality of players from last year with the number of and quality of players coming this year. And it would also be interesting to look at spring game visitors from the past few years and then to see how many that visited from the spring game actually committed... I wonder what that percentage rate is.

Anyone out there who would be willing to round up this info and make these calculations? :thumbs

Ask and you shall recieve. Not too telling however.

I did a search of Huskerboard and found these lists for 2008 and 2009 (The only spring games under the current staff).

Ryan Mossakowski, QB Frisco, Texas.

Clayton Moore, QB Louisville, Miss.

Nathan Scheelhaase, ATH Kansas City.

Gabe Lynn, DB Tulsa, Okla.

Brandon Wegher, RB Sioux City, Iowa.

Shawn Bodtmann, FB/LB Scranton, Pa.

Nick Ash, OG Keller, Texas.

Yashua Williams, CB Denton (Ryan).

2009 Spring Game

Chris Barnett, TE, Dallas (Texas) A Maceo Smith (2011 recruit)

Jared Barnett, QB, Garland (Texas)

Chance Carter, DE, Wilmette (Ill.) Loyola

Andre Dawson, RB, Cedar Rapids (Iowa) Washington

Tyler Evans, S, Waverly

Randy Knust, WR, The Woodlands (Texas)

Marcus Lucas, WR, Liberty (Mo.)

Robert Marve, QB, Miami transfer (official visitor)

Mike Moudy, OL, Castle Rock (Colo.) Douglas County

Tobi Okuyemi, DE, Plymouth (Minn.) Wayzata

Torrea Peterson, DT, San Antonio (Texas) East Central

James Randall, LB, Compton (Calif.)

Andrew Rodriguez, OL, Aurora (Husker commit)

Neil Shortell, DE, Shawnee Mission (Kan.) Bishop Miege

Keeston Terry, WR, Blue Springs (Mo.)

Cole Underwood, OL, Denton (Texas) Guyer

Both only list the nationally ranked players attending. I left out all of the 2011 visitors and nebraska players who did not have or would not recieve scholarship offers because there are typically 75+ Nebraska players in attendance. There may have been late additions to the visitors who might not have been included on the list after the fact.

-In 2008 only 1 player committed who ended up signing (Shawn Bodtmann's scholarship was later pulled).

-In 2009 3 players committed who ended up signing (A-Rod was already committed I believe and K. Terry decommitted during the summer?)

I don't think that a percentage can really be calculated because I don't think that these lists are entirely comprehensive, plus a guy like Tyler Evens was really probably more of a walk-on candidate until he camped here during the summer.

If there is one thing that you can definately take away from it however, it is that we are bringing in a lot more quality players this year. It is obvious that recruits are liking what the've seen and heard from the Huskers. Let's hope that will translate into more committs following the spring game.

• Fire 1

*BUMP*

Removed

OL - Ryne Reeves

Added

DT - Todd Peat Jr.

DT - Quincy Russell

I'll try and find out why Reeves backed out and update you guys asap.

Strange that Reeves won't be there. :dunno

Ryne Reeves added back. Error on Rival's behalf... dedhoarse:cowbell:

:thumbs

Thanks for looking into it. I'd +1 you but I've used up my limit for the day. I'll get you tomorrow though. Thanks again!

Question: can anyone find a list of last years spring game visitors? it would be interesting to compare the number of and quality of players from last year with the number of and quality of players coming this year. And it would also be interesting to look at spring game visitors from the past few years and then to see how many that visited from the spring game actually committed... I wonder what that percentage rate is.

Anyone out there who would be willing to round up this info and make these calculations? :thumbs

I did a search of Huskerboard and found these lists for 2008 and 2009 (The only spring games under the current staff).

2009 Spring Game

Tyler Evans, S, Waverly

Both only list the nationally ranked players attending. I left out all of the 2011 visitors and nebraska players who did not have or would not recieve scholarship offers because there are typically 75+ Nebraska players in attendance. There may have been late additions to the visitors who might not have been included on the list after the fact.

-In 2008 only 1 player committed who ended up signing (Shawn Bodtmann's scholarship was later pulled).

-In 2009 3 players committed who ended up signing (A-Rod was already committed I believe and K. Terry decommitted during the summer?)

I don't think that a percentage can really be calculated because I don't think that these lists are entirely comprehensive, plus a guy like Tyler Evens was really probably more of a walk-on candidate until he camped here during the summer.

If there is one thing that you can definately take away from it however, it is that we are bringing in a lot more quality players this year. It is obvious that recruits are liking what the've seen and heard from the Huskers. Let's hope that will translate into more committs following the spring game.

Most Definitely!!!

If you look at the rankings from Scout (because Rivals doesn't have anything yet), you'll see much greater pre-season rankings...

OL - Christian Westerman :star :star :star :star :star #2 in the country

QB - Kiehl Frazier :star :star :star :star #6 in the country

QB - Jamal Turner :star :star :star :star #7 in the country

RB - Aaron Green :star :star :star :star #8 in the country

OL - Tyler Moore :star :star :star :star #10 in the country

OL - Ryne Reeves :star :star :star :star Not Yet Ranked

QB - Brett Hundley :star :star :star Not Yet Ranked

OL - Dylan Admire :star Not Yet Ranked

RB - Robert Standard :star Not Yet Ranked

DE - Jalen Grimble :star :star :star :star #5 in the country

LB - Rob Hankins :star :star :star :star #6 in the country

DT - Todd Peat Jr. :star :star :star :star #9 in the country

DE - Anthony Chickillo :star :star :star Not Yet Ranked

DT - Kevin Williams :star Not Yet Ranked

DT - Quincy Russell :star Not Yet Ranked

LB - Anthony Sarao :star Not Yet Ranked

DB - Alex Dixon Not Currently On Scout Profiles

And more recruits will probably confirm visits over the next month before the Spring Game... :koolaid2:

• Fire 1

2009 Spring Game

Tyler Evans, S, Waverly

Most Definitely!!!

If you look at the rankings from Scout (because Rivals doesn't have anything yet), you'll see much greater pre-season rankings...

OL - Christian Westerman :star :star :star :star :star #2 in the country [Rivals 250 Watch List]

QB - Kiehl Frazier :star :star :star :star #6 in the country [Rivals 250 Watch List]

QB - Jamal Turner :star :star :star :star #7 in the country [Rivals 250 Watch List]

RB - Aaron Green :star :star :star :star #8 in the country [Rivals 250 Watch List]

OL - Tyler Moore :star :star :star :star #10 in the country [Rivals 250 Watch List]

OL - Ryne Reeves :star :star :star :star Not Yet Ranked

QB - Brett Hundley :star :star :star Not Yet Ranked [Rivals 250 Watch List]

DE - Jalen Grimble :star :star :star :star #5 in the country [Rivals 250 Watch List]

LB - Rob Hankins :star :star :star :star #6 in the country [Rivals 250 Watch List]

DT - Todd Peat Jr. :star :star :star :star #9 in the country [Rivals 250 Watch List]

DE - Anthony Chickillo :star :star :star Not Yet Ranked

LB - Anthony Sarao :star Not Yet Ranked [Rivals 250 Watch List] **STANFORD COMMIT**

10 of those visitors are Rivals 250 Watch List prospects.

• Fire 2

2009 Spring Game

Tyler Evans, S, Waverly

Most Definitely!!!

OL - Christian Westerman :star :star :star :star :star #2 in the country [Rivals 250 Watch List] ESPN U150 Watch

QB - Kiehl Frazier :star :star :star :star #6 in the country [Rivals 250 Watch List] ESPN U150 Watch List

QB - Jamal Turner :star :star :star :star #7 in the country [Rivals 250 Watch List]

RB - Aaron Green :star :star :star :star #8 in the country [Rivals 250 Watch List] ESPN U150 Watch List

OL - Tyler Moore :star :star :star :star #10 in the country [Rivals 250 Watch List] Though not on ESPN U150 Watch List right now, he'll be there on the final 150

OL - Ryne Reeves :star :star :star :star Not Yet Ranked ESPN U150 Watch list

QB - Brett Hundley :star :star :star Not Yet Ranked [Rivals 250 Watch List] ESPN U150 Watch List

DE - Jalen Grimble :star :star :star :star #5 in the country [Rivals 250 Watch List] ESPN U150 Watch List

LB - Rob Hankins :star :star :star :star #6 in the country [Rivals 250 Watch List] ESPN U150 Watch List

DT - Todd Peat Jr. :star :star :star :star #9 in the country [Rivals 250 Watch List] ESPN U150 Watch List

DE - Anthony Chickillo :star :star :star Not Yet Ranked ESPN U150 Watch List

LB - Anthony Sarao :star Not Yet Ranked [Rivals 250 Watch List] **STANFORD COMMIT**

10 of those visitors are Rivals 250 Watch List prospects.

Just wanted to add that these guys are also recognized by ESPN in italics, even though ... :espnsucks:

• Fire 1

So as of now 4% of the Rivals 250 watch list is visiting Nebraska... not too shabby!!!

10/250 = 0.04 = 4%

That is really impressive :w00t , hopefully all of them make it up. I would also like to see Jeremiah Rasco and some of the Florida kids make the trip. :bonez

So as of now 4% of the Rivals 250 watch list is visiting Nebraska... not too shabby!!!

10/250 = 0.04 = 4%

That is really impressive :w00t , hopefully all of them make it up. I would also like to see Jeremiah Rasco and some of the Florida kids make the trip. :bonez

Also, our 2011 commits will be able to mingle and do some recruiting too. I noticed at the all star games this year, the players all recruit each other. So our four commmits will be in attendance and that is a good thing!!!

you can add :star :star :star DT Isiah Norton to the list

BTW he is listed as having "High" Interest in NU on Scout

I base my list off of what Rivals reports. So far there has been no talk of Norton. I will add him as soon as I hear something there. Thanks! :koolaid2:

According to lists compiled by Rivals.com and Scout.com, among those who have confirmed plans to join Williams in Lincoln are quarterback Brett Hundley (Chandler, Ariz.), defensive tackle Todd Peat (Tempe, Ariz.), defensive tackle Isiah Norton (Dallas), linebacker Rob Hankins (Dallas) and running back Rob Standard (St. Louis).

LJS

having been gone for a while and coming back and looking at that list i'm sure as hell impressed with who we have coming... i mean we have a SG list that would make any top ten team red with envy...... i think now the hard part will be to balance this with keeping up on recruits and sealing the deal early as possible with guys who are ready to committ (done playing the game of committing ealry on a hunch and then backing out type stuff)...

i was one of the people on the staff with recruiting i admit it... but i've backed off some... however i still think there are some sratches that still need to be buffed out... we are on the verge of greatness and i'm happy for all the coaches and all they have done..... :corndance

Updated per RIVALS -

Added:

NONE

Removed:

QB - Kiehl Frazier

Still waiting on some sort of story to come out as to why Frazier has cancelled his trip. I will let you guys know as soon as something surfaces.

@ husker rob, I asked on Rivals why Isiah Norton hasn't been added to the list yet. I will get back with that info as soon as I get an answer.

• Fire 1